Chapter 37

Chapter 37 (Turning page by Sydney Rose)

All of the videos and books were wrong in his opinion.  This was nothing like they described in fact it was unbearable and with each movement it intensified.  The contraction ended far too soon before the immense pressure within him inched noticeably lower.  The change in position was unkind to him where the baby was closer to the entrance of his birth canal.

"Gonna~be sick."  He said quickly turning his head to the side, throwing up in the pan that Kakashi held in front of his mouth.  He collapsed back onto Itachi who wiped gently at his mouth, giving him some ice chips then laid a cold cloth over his forehead.  He had been sitting between the Uchiha's legs who was supporting him when the contractions started coming more frequent.

A gasp slipped out of him, "I can't do this anymore!"  He wailed as he laid his head against the raven's shoulder his face buried in the crook of the alabaster. He felt like he was being ripped apart with each spasm and the fatigue of being in active labour for more than 16 hours was taking over. 

"You got this. I'm scared too but my belief in you is stronger. You can do it." Itachi whispered, trying to suppress his own worries. Kakashi and Iruka were keeping a close eye on Itachi, surprised that he was holding it together so far without any signs of a panic attack. 

Naruto quickly grasped the paler's hands crushing them as a flare of pain circled him from the back to the front center of his abdomen, his spine arching instantly at feeling the next contraction building, he drew in a sharp breath, feeling the baby move millimeters, the head was slowly moving down and opening him up.

"...I...need to...push." His sobs now silent huffs of air chugging in their own erratic rhythm.

"Not yet." Iruka said his heart sympathizing with him. "You have to be a full ten." Reminding him.

He groaned out his distress at the fault of another contraction. There was so much pressure and pain in his lower region that he didn't know if he could wait any longer.

Turquoise piercing at said man, "I want them out NOW!" Naruto surprisingly snapped trying to balance himself on his elbows.  The contraction taking hold causing him to freeze in the upward position blowing out slowly through his nose waiting for the pain to pass. "How much longer?" His words lashing out in frustration.

"I don't know sweetheart. But you're almost there."

"I was almost there yesterday! I'm tired! I just want to go to sleep." He tossed back querulously before collapsing back into the raven's form.  He was exhausted and even though he could pull double shifts on a busy weekend with sparse naps in between this type of weariness was nothing in comparison.

"You're doing great. Just a little longer."  Kakashi encouraged rubbing his arm as he offered him more ice chips.  The blonde wants to scream "it's a lie" but instead looks at his father with saddened puppy eyes making the older man cringe that he couldn't take his son's pain away. 

"Remember we're one so we'll get through this together. I love you so much." Itachi said reassuring.

The pregnant lad was through with his tolerance being tested and finding it very hard to keep his wits about himself. He excepted the crushed ice and left the cold liquid run down his throat while rubbing the sides of his belly trying not to think about the next contraction until it was upon him ten minutes later.

"Ah..ha..ha..aahh!!" Naruto withers, gripping Itachi's hand and the sheets as another went tearing through him just Tsuande entered the room.

"Breathe child! In ... out!" Her voice was calm but direct as she entered the room. As soon as the contraction let up, he tiredly searched for his grandmother's face after hearing her voice. Hope filled his eyes when she lifted the sheet to check his cervix. He didn't care anymore because for him the twins' stay was far from being over.