hired caregiver

so this idea was given to me by a amazing artist ! Sierra_Chisaki is amazing and very nice for letting me use the art that was fantastically made! Very good job (go check out this amazing, talented writer please 🥺).

Also I know Overhaul is 28 but rn I want him to be 16 and Hari to be 19 okay? Okay good don't like it? Bye.

Pops POV: Ever since I hired Mimic to take care of Kai he's been complaining that Mimic is so mean and upsets him everyday. Eventually I got tired of Kai talking about Mimic and I couldn't very well hold him anymore. I can but he moves around a lot. So what did I do? Looked up babysitters that  I could attempt to have play with Kai for a while. I scrolled until I found one that looked pretty close to Kai's age and ended up being exactly why I was looking for.
(Profile.)
Name: Hari Kurono. Age: 19
I have plenty experience with children and even with littles. (Insert link to little definition) I'm a highschool student because I got a late school start and have very good time management. First time for babysitting is 6 dollars an hour  you don't know if your kid would like me that well other times 11dollars.

I clicked on the littles definition just to make sure. I was right it was the little I was thinking about. I messaged asking if he'd be a Cargiver for a 16 year old with a little age of 2. He said yes and he'd be willing to sit down with Kai and me to talk about things before we decided. 

Hari Kurono
Would today at 6:30 work for you?
I'd like to get to know the little and
His father before we go ahead and do this.

Pops
Yes it would thank you very much
See you soon I'll meet you outside
Hassakai address

I talked to kai about it and his reaction was. "What?! Why would you do that! For all we know he goes to my school, there's 5 different seniors who are 19!" "Kai calm down, it's a good idea and he seems nice. I can't be with you all the time when you feel little, so this is an alternative." We simply stared at eachother for a while before I said. "Why don't you go put on a onesie and stuff?" "I'm not going to put on a onesie and a pacifier holding a stuffed animal, he could still go to my school!" "He probably doesn't, and he's been a caregiver before he wouldn't rat you out. Just go do it. Please?" He sighed and walked out finally agreeing with me. He went and got dressed to come back in and ask, "is this okay?" "It looks great. Also can you get a package from outside?" "In this?" "Yes." He went to go get the package and a moment after he left I heard my alarm. 6:30 PM. "Oh crap." I just had to hope Hari would be a little bit late.

Overhaul POV: I love pops yes, but he had to send me outside in my littles clothes?! These weren't meant to be worn outside of the Hassakai and he also just invited a random stranger over?! I got the package from outside the gate but just as I turned around. "Holly- who are you!" Normally I wouldn't bother asking but he was staring me up and down. And not to mention the motorcycle about 7 feet behind him and the keys in his hand. (Bestie good job on that💖) "Hari Kurono, and you're Kai right?" I backed up a few steps. He looked away from me and up behind me, I didn't look, at least until he said. "You never told me he's shy." I looked behind me to see pops. "Sorry if I scared you little one." I took another step back. I didn't like that he was calling me little one, it almost annoyed me, however Pops had assured me earlier that this guy was nice and only wanted to help me be little. Pops then pulled me closer and told him, "well enough standing around out here, how about we go inside?" "That sounds good, I brought a few toys for the sweet little angel to play with." "That's very sweet of you, but you didn't have to bring anything." He just smiled and we all started walking inside. But just as we get to where pops aperently wanted us to talk he said. "I also have a few questions I'd like to ask you Kai if thats okay." I nodded and kept walking.

Hari Kurono POV: we all sat down, the chairs were in a triangle the two sitting across from me. I pulled my backpack off and set it on the floor next to me. "So, what age range have you had experience with?" "Ages 2-8 sir, but I can care for younger and older littles too." "That's very good, however please call me pops I'm not one for formality." I smiled and nodded. "I don't really have questions for you I was just hoping we'd get to know each other before you start watching Kai. That being said, you had questions for us?" I smiled again and looked to Kai, "Do you have a specific age, I was told usually between 2-4."

Overhaul POV:  I was just looking down at my feet considering I didn't have my stuffed animal to hide behind. I also didn't want to look weak so I didn't have my paci in even though I really wanted it.  "T-two." "Love it's okay to slip, I can tell when someone is fighting it off."  I just shook my head. "Then your bad at it cause I'm not." He was right though, I was, I wanted to hide behind my stuffies in my room watching cartoons and suck on my paci. But before I could finish thinking pops scolded me for being mean. "Kai don't be rude." "It's quite alright, can I see what your Paci looks like?" I held it up for him to see. "Silly baby, I meant can I see it in your mouth, it'd make you feel better." I hated how he was right. I put it in my mouth after a second and imeadently calmed down. "So, pops would you want me to check on him at lunch during school, we both go to the same school." I lost it I even managed to pull myself out of little space. I spit out my pacifier and yelled. "If you tell anyone about this I'll kill you!" Pops got very mad at me for that. "Kai Chisaki, sit down and apologize right now!" I back down not wanting to be in anymore trouble as I already knew I'd be sent to bed an hour early.  " 'm sorry for yellin at you." "Aww love it's okay, please don't cry though." I didn't even realize I was crying until he said that then wiped a tear off my cheek. "Here I think this would be good for you since your Paci's all icky now."

Pops POV: I watched as he pulled a little package out of his bag and opened it. He looked at me and said. "It's wet on the outside because it's frozen but it hasn't been opened yet an It's completely safe to chew on." I was confused about what he meant by it's frozen and safe to chew on but once Kai had taken it from the package, I saw it was teether with cat ears and a part of it wasn't frozen so he could hold it. "You know what, you've show love and care towards Kai even though he's been a bit bratty and will be sent to bed early. Your hired." "Thank you so much! I promise I won't let you down. And I don't mean to take control on Kai going to bed early, I agree with that punishment but he was just frustrated and worried about school. Its honestly understandable to me I'd be scared to if there was someone I didn't know coming to watch me and also went to my school." "Your absolutely perfect. You understand the slightest and payed attention to something I just let go. Also where did you get the teether ring Kai seems very interested in it."

Kai POV: I wasn't really paying attention to what the adults were talking about I was atempting to break up all the ice inside since it was rubber and very indestructible. I only paid attention once I saw someone Infront of me.  It was Hari, he was knelt down to eye level and said, "Alright cutie I'll see you on Monday at school, all right? Pops is going to put my number in your phone so if you slip at school I can help." I felt sad he was leaving. I didn't want him to. "Stay?" "I'm sorry bud I have to get home but I'll be with you all day Monday!" He poked my nose  and hugged me before handing me a coloring book and then giving pops a few things.

The next day

Pops: "So Kai what do you think of him?" "He's nice." "You're not going to be rude to him?" "No, I'll be good."

Again thank you to my wonderful bestie for allowing me to make this inspired by your wonderful art! Hope the story is okay!