too small before school (F)

Hari Kurono POV: I walk up to the door and see Kai's father. "Good morning!" I say to him happily as he lets me in. He tells me Kai is in his room and he's being quite difficult today. I smile nod and go to his room. I open the door and walk in, shutting the door behind me. "Kai sweetie, daddy's here!" I look at him bed which had been changed into a crib, Pops had decided for kai's birthday that he'd surprise Kai with a crib and a few other things like a changing table which had embarrassed Kai at first but he was getting used to it, a playpen and a carseat which was still waiting to be put in the car. I had also decided to get a carseat for Kai...well clean up one I had for my cousin.

As I approached the crib Kai rolled over and faced away from me. "Aww, what's wrong angel? Not gonna be a morning person today?" He curled up in a ball and hid under his blanket. "I get it, school is icky, but we have to go. Now, can we sit up so daddy can get you out of there and dressed?" I ask him as I gently rub his back. He yawns and his paci falls halfway out of his mouth. "So sleepy, normally you're ready by the time I get here." I scoop him up gently in my arms and carry the wiggling human to the changing table. I lay him down and fasten the strap over his stomach. I then walk away and get his gym uniform from what we call the big boy side of the closet. I carry it back and lay it on the table but quickly text Pops to ask if I could put Kai in a diaper this morning. I explained my reasoning was that Kai seemed very little today, between speaking in gibberish and only crawling around. (Between 6-18 months old basically.) Pops texts back and says that I can but he'd need an extra one or something. I sent a smiley face and a thumbs up emoji back.

"Okay Kai! Let's try something new today, okay?" He continues to whine and wiggle around wanting to go back to sleep. "I know, I know." I take off his shirt and put the gym shirt on him. I then take his pants off and change him quickly so he won't be cold. I put the gym sweatpants on him since we aren't allowed to wear shorts until April.(actual rule at my school.) He continues to cry and kick around as I put an extra diaper in a pocket in my bookbag as well as wipes and a fidget bracelet. Soon enough I'm buckling the baby in the carseat in the backseat. I cover him up with a blanket and I start driving. He kicks around and whines but overall he isn't being too bad. We weren't running late so I also decided to get Kai and I a coffee from Starbucks I also got Kai a cake pop.