1

"Y/N, wake up!" Tuk quietly yelled, pulling my arm back and forth. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes, having to accept the fact that it was morning. I got up as Tuk grabbed my wrist. We soon after ate our breakfast and went to say goodbye to everyone in the forest.
"Goodbye Spider." I heard Kiri say, hugging Spider with small tears in her eyes.
"Kiri, we have to go." Neteyam reminded her as he gently pulled her away from Spider.
We got on our ikrans and flew away from the forest. I looked back to see our home for what seemed to be the last time. Everyone was on their own ikrans, except for Tuk, who was sharing one with my mum since she didn't have one herself.

•••••••

Our journey was long and exhausting but we finally managed to get to the reef, where the Metkayina clan lived. The view was so beautiful. The water looked so clear and we could see a lot more planets from here than we could see in the forest.

We landed not so long after, climbing off of our ikrans and putting our weapons down with it. I could see turquoise na'vis running towards us, surrounding us. My father put his hands up to show that we didn't mean any harm. I walked behind my parents and brothers with Kiri beside me, looking at the faces of the confused na'vi.

Two teenage boys came out of the crowd with a serious look on their faces, one taller than the other, looking like as if they were inspecting us. The taller one was looking at each of my siblings like as if they were being held underneath a microscope. Then he looked at me, glaring at me. It felt nerve wrecking but I had enough courage to look back at him. I hate being stared at in that way.

The shorter one spoke saying "is that meant to be a tail?" pointing at our tails, laughing as the taller one joined in. Someone then caught my attention. It was a girl who looked about my age, coming out of the water gracefully. I turned my head to look at Lo'ak whom had been looking at the girl like he had seen an angel. Neteyam and I exchanged glances over to each other, smirking. It was so obvious that Lo'ak liked her, I mean who wouldn't? She was beautiful.

As the Metkayina boys continued to laugh and point, the girl smacked their arm away. "Do not. Rotxo, Aonung." And the boys both stopped.
So that was his name. Aonung.
"Hey" Lo'ak nodded towards the girl. She giggled then looked down. Neteyam and I once again exchanged glances to make kissy faces at Lo'ak.

•••••••

"Jake Sully and his family will stay with us." Tonowari, the chief of the Metkayina people announced. "Treat them like our brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea, so they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless."
I sighed, looking down knowing that they would treat us differently.

"My son, Aonung, and my daughter, Tsireya, will teach your kids and show you to your mauri pods." The chief continued.
"But father why me-" Aonung pleaded before getting cut off by his father. "It has been decided."
"Come, I will show you our village" Tsireya lead the way with a cheerful smile. We all followed her, trying to get passed the Metkayina people. I turned to look back at our ikrans to see that Aonung and Rotxo were coming too. I turned my head as I saw Aonung raising his eyebrow at me in confusion.

Once we arrived to our mauri pods, we put our stuff down and went to join the 3 Metkayina kids who were waiting for us near the water. When we came to them, they gracefully dived into the water, telling us to join them. My siblings and I tried to copy them but we obviously failed, looking so stupid. The 3 swam deeper, making hand signs at us. We looked at them in confusion then had to swim back up for air. They swam back up and Tuk rubbed her eyes saying "You're too fast, wait for us."

"Breathe, just breathe." Tsireya responded in a gentle voice. Aonung popped out of the water, next to Tsireya. "You are not good divers. You may be good at swinging through trees, but-" He laughed before getting smacked in the head by his sister.
"We don't speak this finger talk guys, we don't know what you are saying." Neteyam said.
" I will teach it to you." Tsireya responded.
"Where's Kiri?" Rotxo asked, turning his head around to look at the others.
"Who?" Aonung asked, not caring the least about the situation.

"Kiri." Rotxo answered, looking more worried by the second. He looked a lot more worried than my siblings and I.