7

The sun was beginning to set. I sat down on a big rock with my legs folded and my arms wrapped around it. The weather was nice. The air was warm, the wind was light and I could hear the beautiful sounds of the sea and it's creatures. I closed my eyes to take in the moment. It was perfect. I couldn't hear any voices or any signs of na'vi. It was just me and the ocean. The ocean and me.

Of course the moment was ruined when I heard shouting. Lots of shouting. They sounded like they were calling out of someone or trying to find someone. I hopped off of the rock and went to where the shouting was coming from. I saw Kiri shouting Lo'aks name with other Metkayina people. I jogged my way to her to ask what was going on.

" Nobody knows where Lo'ak is. He was last seen hours ago. Mums really stressed out, we all are." She explained.

"Where's Neteyam?" I asked, feeling worried for Lo'ak.

"I saw him going inside that cave over there." She pointed to a big dense cave. I skipped my way there and when I was going to head inside the cave, I heard Neteyams voice.

"Tell him what you told me." He sounded so mad, which was unnatural and kind of scary. I then heard Aonung's voice. He said that he and his skxawng friends left Lo'ak alone outside of the reef. Was he being for real right now? Is he stupid?
I heard my dads voice afterwards. I walked into the cave and they stopped talking as soon as they saw me. I saw the shocked look on Aonung's face - they definitely knew that I knew what had happened.

Aonung moved his shoulder away from Neteyams hand because Neteyam had grabbed him by the shoulder earlier to force him to confess to my dad.
He walked past me with a face full of guilt and regret.

I turned my head to go after him, but what would I even say to him? Dad walked past him but Neteyam stopped him. "Where are you going?"
"The chief, his men, and I are going to look for Lo'ak." Dad responded, not looking at Neteyam.
"I wanna come too."
"No. You stay here and take care of your siblings." He left. Neteyam sighed and walked out of the cave. I walked out of the cave last to follow him since I had nothing else to do. We walked to our pod and I sat outside on the net with my feet in the water.

"Is there something on your mind?" Neteyam asked, coming to sit down next to me. I hesitated because I didn't want to tell him that me and Aonung almost kissed. It wasn't the right time since Aonung had stupidly left Lo'ak outside of the reef. But I also wanted to tell him because I have never kept a secret from Neteyam before.

I looked around to see if there was anybody near by that could hear us. I had built up the courage to tell him. "Me and Aonung nearly kissed.." I confessed. He quickly looked at me, hoping that I was joking. "Are you serious?" He looked confused but in a bad way.

"Before you say anything, it was early this morning. It was practically yesterday - which was our first day here. I didn't know-" I tried to explain myself before Neteyam had interrupted me.

"Do you like him, y/n?" He sounded so serious. "I- I don't know." I answered. "He makes me feel things I have never felt before. It's so weird, I can't explain it."

"Y/N, he made fun of our family, he called us freaks. I don't think he's the guy for you." Neteyam said, sounding so genuine. I put my head down to near my knees and closed my eyes. "I know. It's just-" I stopped as I heard someone yelling. "The boy has returned!" I looked at Neteyam and he looked at me. "Don't tell anyone about what I just told you." I looked straight into his eyes before getting up to where everyone was at. Neteyam followed.

I kind of lost motivation to keep going so I ended the chapter here 😭