17

"What?" I pulled my arm away.
"Don't you agree that they are a little too young to be saying things like that to each other?" He asked, almost shouting. "Things?" I asked. "You know what I mean." He crossed his arms. I sighed. "No actually I don't. Confession has no age restrictions or anything, Aonung." He frowned and blanked.

"Whatever. Even if they like each other, there is no way that they can be together yet." He said, still crossing his arms. "Do you have a problem with my brother or something? Do you still think that one he's a freak - all of us?" I asked. "I honestly don't see what's wrong with them being together. They are mature, I trust them - I'm not sure if you do though." I left. Aonung is a really tricky guy who always leaves me feeling confused. I mean it really wasn't that deep.

I tried to forget about that pointless argument and went swimming with my ilu. I don't know how far I swam but it really helped me clear my thoughts. I decided to practice my breathing and diving. I swam to a rock and got off of my ilu. I sat on the rock to prepare myself to dive. Just as I was about to get in the water, something grabbed my leg and pulled me in. In surprise, I looked around to see what had pulled me and saw a blue na'vi boy coming out from behind me. It was Itan. He started laughing as I looked at him like he was crazy. I pushed myself back to the surface of the water and he did too.

"You scared me!" I yelled once his head came out of the water. He laughed and apologised. "Sorry, but it was totally worth it." I rolled my eyes and got on the rock I was on before. He followed and sat beside me. "How did you know I was here?" I asked, fixing my hair. "I saw you with your ilu alone and decided to follow you to see where you would go." He explained in a cheery voice. "That's not creepy at all." I flexed my eyebrows.

"If you don't have anything else to do, then follow me - I have something to show you." Itan said, hopping off of the rock. I nodded and did the same. We got on our seperate ilus and went into the water.
His ilu was fast so it was difficult to keep up with him since I haven't fully gotten used to riding in the ocean.

"We are here." He said, coming out of the water and off of his ilu. He waited for me as I got off and I could not take my eyes off of the place. It looked so similar to forest. It was on the side of the village where barely anyone went there. The floor had grass on it instead of sand and there were trees just like the ones in the forest. I covered my smile with my hand, admiring the place.

"Where did you find this place?" I asked, still looking around. "When I was a kid, I used to always explore the village and I would always come here whenever I wanted to be alone." He responded. "I've actually never showed this to anyone before."

"So I'm the first person you should this to?" I asked, finally taking my eyes off of the place. He chuckled. "Yeah." "Hm lucky me I guess." I said, walking around. He walked past me and sat on the grass. "Come, sit." He patted on the space next to him. I nodded and walked over to sit. I looked at the view in front. You could see so much of the reef - it was beautiful. The ocean looked greenish blue and the sky was blue at the top and orange at the bottom. It was beginning to be sunset. I didn't realise how much time had passed.

"You know.." Itan began, turning his whole body around to face me and I did the same. "Ever since you came to the reef, you were the only one I wanted to talk to. I wanted to get to know you and ever since we have first hung out I feel like I have known you forever." He continued. I stayed silent and just looked at him. He also didn't say anything and just started back at me. I wanted to say something but I didn't know what. He moved closer, having our knees touch each other. He leaned forward, coming close to my face.

I leaned a back a bit. Did I really want to kiss him? Did I want him to be my first kiss? Within seconds, his face was just an inch away from mine. My eyes widened as he came closer. Itan closed his eyes before coming in closer to kiss me. I gulped.

I wasn't going to end here but I thought why not 🤭