24

Itan's POV

"This better work" I say to Mita as I slightly squint my eyes. I had to have Y/n, no matter what. And to do so, I would have to do things I never thought I would do. I look at Mita with serious eyes.

"I have a good feeling that it will." She nods as she says that. I look at the reef behind her, zoning out for a moment before refocusing. "I will bring Y/n when the sun starts to set, be ready beforehand." I say before walking off.

Y/n's POV

I sat next to Kiri as she continued blabbering about who knows what. I couldn't focus on what she had to say - the only thing on my mind was my last conversation with Itan. Why are guys always so complicated? Can't I just have one guy friend that doesn't like me?

I continued to stare at the shells in front of me that had been swept by the ocean, my hand holding my head up. I then hear Kiri's voice.

"Y/n, are you listening?" She asks in a gentle calm voice. "Mhm" I respond, finally looking away from what was in front of me. Suddenly I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. I turn my head and look up to see it was Itan. I didn't know if I wanted to talk to him at that moment. I was feeling sort of.. sick of his voice and presence.

"Y/n, can I talk to you?" He asks, looking down at me. I sigh and get up. "Okay" I say plainly before waving to Kiri goodbye and walking with Itan. Was he here to apologise? How many times has it been?

We walk in silence, looking down at the sand. I see Itan turning his head to look forwards before looking at me. "I wanted to apologise to you for saying all that stuff.." I could tell that there was hesitation in his voice beforehand.

"I guess I just got really jealous of him, you know? He usually gets everything his way and once he took you.. I-.. I don't know.. I guess I kind of just lost it a little." He looks away as he finishes his sentence. I stayed silent for a few seconds before saying;
"It's.. alright I guess."

We walked again in silence, I avoided looking at him and his direction but I think he noticed.

"What if... i were to make it up to you?" Itan asks, looking at me. "And how would you do that?" I look back at him, raising an eyebrow slightly. "I'll prove to you that I can be a good friend, since i haven't been showing it much lately.. how does that sound?" He asks again, sounding unsure. I nod slowly. "okay yeah sure."

"Yeah? Okay, come with me." Itan says as a small smile grows on his face. He starts walking towards the water and i follow. I feel the water hitting my ankle, then below my knee as we walk deeper into the water. I hear Itan calling his ilu so i assumed we might've been going somewhere a bit far from the village. I call my ilu after he does and it quickly comes to me. I smile at the creature and stroke its head. Itan turns his head back to look at me, making me away from my ilu and up at him.

"Did anyone teach you how to hunt?" He smiles softly at me. I shake my head. "No? Not even Aonung?" He raises an eyebrow. "No, i guess we never really got up to that yet." I respond as he chuckles. "I assumed that he would have taught you since he usually goes hunting. Wanna learn how to?"

A small smile appears on my face as I nod. He smirks and hands me some sort of cross bow. "Know how to use one of these?" He raises an eyebrow slightly as the smirk on his face stays. "I've used a bow and arrow before so aiming shouldn't be too hard." I say as I take the crossbow. "Then you should get used to it quickly and maybe who knows, you could become an expert and teach little metkayina kids to use one." He grins and hops on his ilu, looking back at me to do the same. I smile softly and position myself on the ilu, getting ready to follow him.

He makes a clicking noise and his ilu takes off quickly. I signal my ilu to follow his, and it takes off almost as fast. On some point, the ilus swam underwater, taking us with them, and I just hoped I wouldn't fall off. The water pressure would get really strong at times but i somehow managed to hold on, even with that crossbow in hand. I couldn't keep track of how long we rode out to sea for but it felt like hours. The ilus took us up for air and slowed down before eventually stopping in the middle of the ocean.

"You know how to dive right?" Itan says as he looks back at me. "Yeah of course." I respond with a blank expression on my face. "Okay good because we will be diving a little deep and I wanted to know if you could handle staying underwater for that long." He smiles. "I should be able to, otherwise i would be really disappointed. What are we hunting anyways?" I ask him, taking a glance at the water.
"Fish. Just small ones for starters." He replies as he gets off his ilu and floats in the water, waiting for me to get down. "Oh okay. Is it easy to find fish here?" I ask as I slowly get off my ilu and on the water. "Yeah, we come here to hunt for fish all the time. Come." He smiles before going in the water. I take a deep breath and go in the water as well.

We are going to ignore the fact that the last chapter/ chapter 23 was published around 10 months ago oops 😓 I just didn't know what else to write and was considering not continuing the story.

Ignore any grammar or spelling mistakes, i cant be bothered reading it again checking for those stuff.