Chapter three

The sun was rising, and we were already on the road. The night before, we had gathered all of our stuff and made our way out of town. Casey and I were sitting in the back seat, listening to the music on our phones. I was flicking on and off my lighter and moving the fire that was coming from it. "Stop that your gonna get us killed." Casey said with a smile. "Sorry." I rested my head on the window as Nick drove fast down the freeway. "It won't be long before they find us Casey." He said. "I know. But by then, we'll be ready. Trust me." Casey said twirling her switchblade. "You really brought that with you?" I asked. Casey looked at me and smiled. "I need to since I can master water. This blade kept me safe when I first discovered I had powers. It actually is pretty fun to use." She said. Casey laid her head on my lap. I knew she had feelings for me but I never said much about it. There was a long line of cars at the toll station. No one talked for a long time. Casey had fallen asleep on me and I was about to sleep myself. But before I could, a car collision took place in front of us. "Oh my god!" I yelled. I got out of the car and walked to the burning car. I thought that this was the perfect time to use my Master power for good. My hands started to warm up and the fire from the car rushed to me. Casey woke up and jumped out of the car. "Cole get back in here before-" it was too late. The fire had spread over my hands. The car then stopped burning and exploded. Boom! I covered my body with the fire-field that I made while the guy earlier attacked us. The car pieces flew everywhere and cut a guy's head clean off. I ran back to the car as I started to cry. "I thought I could help them." Casey patted me on the back as I calmed the fire that was on my hands. No longer was there a line in the toll station but everyone was out of there and calling the ambulance and police. Nick drove right pass the toll and kept going. "Where are we headed?" I asked. "Nevada. Las Vegas to be exact. That's where they can't touch us. It's the holder of other masters if they haven't killed them, hang around." Casey said, still twirling her switchblade. I had stopped crying and was about to go to sleep. Now would be the best time for me to explain what was going on. We are the Masters of the elements. I didn't know and Nick didn't know that we had these powers until yesterday. Casey was the daughter of the best Master in the game. She didn't know, she had a deep hate for him. We are now leaving for Las Vegas because that is or was a safe haven for other Masters. No worries though. We'll survive. Now back to the story....
"Wake up Cole! It's breakfast time." Casey said, nudging me out of the truck. Nick had stopped at IHOP for breakfast. It was 9:30 and the sun was shining bright in the sky. Casey had put on a blue jacket with some black leggings. Even Nick had changed into jeans and a BIG CHIEF shirt. My lighter was inside my jacket pocket and I flicked it on as we walked in. "Sir please put the lighter away." Said a female waiter. Nick and Casey looked at me with their eyebrows setting uneasy on there heads. "What will you be having?" Asked the waiter. "The blueberry pancakes with a caffeinated coffee." Nick looked at me and then told the waiter; "I'll have the same thing along with some eggs." The waiter looked at me and walked over to me. She scanned me up and down and then said this: "Hello Master." Those words settled on me uneasily. She then gabbed a knife and jabbed me in the hand. "Argh!" Nick and Casey got up and Casey pushed the waiter onto the wall with her water along with the thing on her leg. I took out my lighter as everyone looked at us. I made a fireball and threw it at her. "Who are you?!" I screamed. "Your worst nightmare!" She then used a cloud and hit me and Nick with it. "God!" We were knocked out of the restaurant and she started to pound us into the ground. "Casey! Do something!" Screamed Nick as we tried to get up. "I'm working on it!" She made a water dragon and hit the lady with it. The water knocked the waiter out cold. "That was a Hunter.It could be the one that attacked us at the school. They can shapeshift." Casey said. We walked to the truck as the cops shows up. I then drove the rest of the way to Las Vegas and those two went to sleep. We made a stop for a little bit of info and food.