Chapter eighteen

I woke up, IV's in my forearms. Nick and Casey were sitting on the window seal, staring at me. Nick started to get up surprised to see me breathing. "Kara! He's awake!" He yelled into the waiting room. Kara came running in. She walked over to me, hugged and kissed me. "Oh thank God you're alive!" She said, crying. "Hey. I'm glad too." I said, sitting up or at least trying. "Don't even bother. Ezekiel stabbed you pretty hard through your stomach. We had to bring Nina in just to bring you back." Casey said, shaking my hand. I was a tad confused. "I was dead?" I asked her. "For three hours." That's not something you wanna here. "If I was out for three hours what went on?" I asked, still trying to get up. "Well," Kara started, pushing me back down. "Ezekiel is dead for good now. Nick took him out when he least expected it, the Hunters aren't going to be around for some time because they're leader Rey which you killed, is not there to hold peace. Oh yeah! Ares stepped down from being the leader of the Masters and is giving you the thrown!" Kara was excited that Ares was giving me the thrown. Nina walked in, wearing a nurse's attire just to check up on me. "Hey Cole!" She had a strong Indian accent that really was cool to me. I smiled. "Morning Nina." Casey and Nick walked out of the room to do something but I really didn't know why. Kara sat down in the chair, waiting for Nina to bandage my abdomen so I could at least move around and walk. It didn't take long for her to get done with the bandages. "Your good to go now Cole." Nina said, exiting the room. The room was silent as a loin trying to hunt a gazelle. "Wanna get out of here and brag a burger?" Kara ask, helping me out of the bed. "Sure!" I put on my black undershirt, joggers and my black Timberlands as we walked out of the room, taking Casey and Nick. "Where we headed?" Casey asked. "To go do something normal." I said, walking through the front door, holding Kara's hand. We got into a Hummer that Kara owned. The jeep exterior was white but the interior was brown leather. "Cool." I said, feeling on the driver seat. Kara threw my the keys, smiling. "I don't think you wanna do that." I said jokingly. She laughed and sat in the passenger seat as Casey and Nick sat in the back. I had the radio blasting Mumford & Sons new album, Wilder Mind. Nick and I were singing along and joking as we drive to Buffalo Wild Wings. "It feels good to do something normal after all this fighting." Nick said, taking a bit of of his Burger. "Want some?" I asked Kara and Casey, holding out my chicken wrap. Both shook there heads. "We're fine." Kara said smiling at me. I smiled back as Ares walked in. "Hey guys!" He said, sitting down next to me. We weren't mad at him for being under the control of Rey at all. It wasn't his fault. "Hey bro!" I said, shaking his hand. Jeffrey suddenly appeared with Ciara at his side. "I see you guys are doing fine. I'll be back in going to get a drink." Ciara said, taking Jeffrey with her. Every Master that we knew was here but one person. Chuck. I wanted to thank him for the map. Suddenly, a voice that sounded familiar spoke. "Did I miss something?!" It was Chuck! I stood up and hugged him. He was surprised to see me as I was seeing him. Jeffrey stared at Chuck. "Chuck? Master of the Clouds?" Jeffrey said, walking to him. "I thought you said paper." Nick said, finishing his beer. "It doesn't matter. All is well. Cheers to another year of life?" I asked, raising my shot glass of Jack Daniels. (The legal age to drink is different for Masters than a human. Our bodies can take alcohol starting at 15.) Everybody at the table lifted their glass. "Cheers!" We all said, knocking glasses together. "Hey Cole would you come out with me for a minute?" Ares asked. "Sure." The two of us walked outside as everyone else talked, had dinner and, had a couple of drinks. Ares took out a cigar. "Here you go." I said, snapping my fingers lighting it for him. "Cole as you know, I have stepped down from being the leader, king, whatever you wanna call it. I would like for you, Kara, Casey and Nick to be the new royalty." He said, puffing out a large cloud of smoke. "But we're not a family." I said, taking a sip from my glass. Ares laughed as he leaned on the metal bar in front of us. "You don't see? Those people that are in that building, are your family." I started to realize that Ares was right. "Your right. You guys were there for me when my mom died. Stood tall and helped defeat Rey and the Hunters. Yes, we have our differences but everybody does." I said. I looked into the window and saw the people I love talking, laughing and smiling with one another. "Yeah we'll be the royal family. But we have a name." I said, opening the door. "Oh yeah and what's that?" Ares asked me as he took the last puff of his cigar. "We're the Masters." I walked back in as Ares chuckled and came in as well.