Chapter fifteen

It was three in the morning and I saw still up, thinking. How am I gonna kill Rey? I thought to myself, playing with my lighter. Kara was sound asleep along with Casey and Nick who were in their room. Ring! Ring! My phone was going off. I picked it up and answered.
"Hello?"
"It's Nick."
"Oh hey dude."
Hey. Where is your shirt?"
"Umm. I think I left it over there."
"Yeah it's over here. I started to tamper with it and scanned the plasma debris left on your shirt. It was the Mastery of Darkness like your father's."
"A coincidence maybe?"
"I think not. I looked into it a little bit more and your dad could shoot a substance called Darkplasma. That was on your shirt."
"That can't be right."
"Look all I'm saying is that Rey could have somehow gotten ahold of your dad's power or-"
"It's not my dad. Jeffrey saw him die."
"We don't know man. I'll talk to you later. Bye."
"Bye." Nick hung up the phone. I didn't know that Kara had awoken and heard the conversation. "What was that about Cole?" She asked walking over to me. "It was Nick. He thinks that somehow Rey stole my dad's power and is now using it." She looked at me with her amazing hazel eyes. "You don't need to worry about that right now. Just worry about taking him out. We will have the help of every Master here. You need to get some rest. Come and lay back down with me." She pulled me back into the bed and we fell asleep.
Beep! Beep! Beep! The alarm clock was trying to wake us up. Kara opened one eye and sighed. "I wish we could just stay in bed all day." She said, turning the clock off. "I agree. It's soothing knowing you'll be laying with the most beautiful girl in the world." She smiled at me and leaned over to kiss me. After a while of sitting down and talking, we got in the shower. No not together. Get your head out the gutter mate. "I'm going back to the Hunters Palace." I said, stepping out of the shower, drying myself. Kara looked over at me, surprised. We both stared into each others eyes. "Why?" She asked, still staring at me. "I'm going to talk to Rey and try to get this settled. I don't want to fight but if he try's to, I'm bringing the Master of Stealth, Timber and the Master of Hunting, En." I put on my windbreaker, jeans and a undershirt. "Can I come?" Kara asked. I stopped putting in my Kobe 9's and looked at her. "I'm not going to let you get hurt." She stared at the ground. I walked over to Kara, barefoot and hugged her. "I don't want you to get hurt honey. It would be best if you stayed here with Nick and Casey." She smiled and grabbed a shirt that said I don't want to taco 'bout it on the front and put it on. The shirt went down all the way to her stomach unlike most shirts Kara owns which stop under her knees which was odd. I left out the bathroom and went to get Timber an En. The two guys stayed right I front of Ares' room and were brothers. En was a smaller guy but carried these Sonic Arrows that could kill a fly. That's how strong they were once they went off. His aim was extraordinary. If you gave En a target that was eight hundred feet away and said shoot the target in the head, he wouldn't miss. Now his brother Timber, whoa he was quick. I mean like I tried to shake his hand and boom. He was gone before I could even touch him. Timber is the Master of Stealth though. He showed me his special move that was called the Slice which was when he sprinted on people's shadows and cut through the shadows, killing the person. It was pretty cool since he showed me on a dummy and not on a real person. So, I got the two brother and we made our way to the palace. I found my fireboard and rode that as they took a car.
We had made it to Hunters Palace at 1:38 in the afternoon. The outside of it was falling apart with the limestone was crumbling off. "This place is old as dirt. I would know since I'm 1,000" Timber said. His voice was like Morgan Freeman's but much deeper. "Your talking about age? I'm older than every Masters known. I was one of the first Masters along with your father and Rey." En said. I looked at both of them and walked in the palace. "Rey!" I yelled. "In here. The throne room." He said. "You guys just be around. I'll call if I have to." Timber and En then jumped to the top of the palace and acted as snipers for me, locked into Ares and Rey. I walked into the thrown room and saw Ares standing next to Rey. "Good afternoon Cole." Ares said, smiling. I didn't say a word to him but only talked to Rey. "What do you want from us?" I asked referring to the Masters. "Nothing from them. I want you to die." He then reached out to me and grabbed my neck.