4th-Pregame

It's finally game day and I arrive at the clubhouse an hour early than when we're supposed to so I can warm up on the field without a lot of other players.

Minnie joined me in today's game because she noticed that I look extra nervous so she came to be my emotional support. I think it's sweet but I can't tell her that the reason I'm nervous is because of Ryujin and not the game.

We head to the lockers so I can drop off my bag and change into the shirt that I wear under my jersey.

"Yeji, you're here early" Seulgi waves and I wave back.

"Hi Minnie" she greets my girlfriend too.

"Hi" my girlfriend shyly responds.

Even though this isn't her first time here, she still gets shy and out of place when she does come which I understand.

"It's perfect that you're here so you can meet the new catcher and maybe you can warm up together. Get a feel for how the other player is. We still haven't decided whether Kyujin or Ryujin will catch for you" Seulgi informs me.

"Where is the new catcher?" I curiously ask.

"She's already on the field with Kyujin" she says before making a motion with her hand to let me know that she has to go.

"They should let you decide on who the catcher should be. You've been practicing with that Kyujin girl so it's only right she catches for you. It's not fair to throw in a new catcher you've never worked with before or even practiced with and expect a good result to happen" Minnie shows her support so I smile at her.

I grab her hand and pull her closer to me, "Thank you" I say then I give her a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'll wait outside. I don't want people to think we're doing anything bad in here" she chuckles then kisses my cheek.

"We're together, they can think that" I tease her.

"Shut up" she shakes her head before leaving.

When she's gone, I open my locker to take out my under shirt so I can put it on. I put on my warm up shorts too then I grab my glove. I take a deep breath while doing little jumps to shake off my nerves.

Once I think I've calmed down enough, I leave the room to go out onto the field. Minnie and I walk side by side while she tells me something but I can't really pay attention to the things she's saying the closer we get to the field.

We reach the dugout and my legs stops moving on its own as soon as I see Ryujin. She's talking to Kyujin and it looks like she's giving her tips. Seulgi is with them too, probably giving them information on my pitching style.

"Baby, are you okay?" Minnie stands in front of me so I only see her now.

"What?"

"Did you see something?" She turns around to see what I'm looking at.

"Are you nervous about the new catcher?" She asks.

"What?" I say again.

She cups my cheek and forces me to stare into her eyes, "It's gonna be okay. You're a good pitcher, remember that. You weren't a star in college for no reason. Believe in yourself like I believe in you."

I smile at her again, "Thank you again. I'm glad you came today."

"Of course. Now, go out there and kick some ass" she brings up her fists to show she's cheering me on.

"Yeji!" Seulgi calls me while waving me to go to them.

"I'll see you in a bit. Just sit there" I point at the bench and she nods.