9th-Dinner Talk

The game ended and we managed to win by one. I didn't really pay much attention to the game itself because I kept glancing over at Ryujin to make sure she wasn't showing signs of a concussion. Not because I care, it's because I need to make sure she's good to go for my next game in a few days.

We're in the locker room and I'm still waiting for Minnie to text me back or call me. I really don't understand why she's so mad over what happened.

"Ryujin!" Yuna barges into the locker room.

"Are you okay!?" She's being loud.

I look over at Ryujin and she's hiding her head in her locker. I smile without realizing because I think it's cute.

"Ryujin! Look at me! Are you hurt?!" Yuna grabs her by the shoulder and forces her to face her.

"Look at me. Do you think I'm beautiful!?" Yuna asks.

"No. Now go away" Ryujin pushes Yuna away but the latter doesn't let go and hugs her instead.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I would have been worried if you said I was beautiful" Yuna is being dramatic now.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay at the hotel" Ryujin asks and Yuna finally let her go.

"I was watching the game then I saw what happened. My duty is to make sure you're safe. I got a call from grandpa and when I said I wasn't at the game, he got mad so you're stuck with me" Yuna sounds happy.

I don't mean to listen to their conversation but it's hard not with Yuna talking so loud.

Ryujin quickly finishes getting her stuff packed and she drags Yuna out.

"They're a hoot, aren't they?" Chaeryeong shows up out of nowhere.

"Yuna likes embarrassing Ryujin whenever she visited in Japan. It's become their thing" she chuckles.

"I don't care" I grab my bag to leave.

"You say you don't care but you acted like you were worried when Ryujin got hit by that ball" she states.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I lie.

"Ryujin!" She mocks me and I cover her mouth because Ryujin might come back thinking someone is calling her.

"It's normal to have that kind of reaction when you see your teammate get hit like that" I defend myself.

"Why aren't you going to the bus yet? Don't expect me to carry you there" I change the subject.

"I have plans. Lia is gonna pick me up and we're gonna talk shit about you" she laughs.

"What? You and Lia have plans?" I frown.

We start walking out of the locker room.

"Well, it's more of a business dinner. I'm trying to see if she'll take me as a client."

"What happened to your old manager?" I ask.

"She left. She doesn't like being away from her kids very much and since baseball is such a long season with so much traveling, she doesn't want to do it anymore. I'm in the lookout for a new manager and she seems to be doing an okay job with you" she shrugs her shoulders.

"Ahh" I simply answer.

Once we're outside, we say our goodbyes.

I get on the bus while Chaeryeong waits for Lia. I look out the window and I see Ryujin with Yuna and a woman. They're all laughing and looking like they're having a good time.