7th-Confront

The team is flying to our next game. We have a short practice later when we arrive then we have our game tomorrow. Even though I'm not playing, I still join the team wherever they go.

I'm not looking forward to this flight though because Seulgi thought it was a great idea to have Ryujin and I sit together. She said it's some sort of bonding experience so we can connect with each other better.

Ryujin is the last person I want to see after last night's events. Minnie didn't talk to me at all and not even a single word this morning. I don't understand why she's so angry with me. I was looking out for my friend because I think Ryujin has a plan to go after me.

This whole thing is driving me crazy. I can't keep waking up worried whether Ryujin will say or do something that will jeopardize my career.

Ryujin finally arrives and I think she has a hangover with her sunglasses on. She sits down next to me without saying hi and she rests her head on the seat.

Lia is in this flight too but I think she's with Chaeryeong because she agreed with Seulgi that Ryujin and I should be together. She hasn't talked to me since last night either.

I wonder if her and Ryujin continued whatever they were doing after I left. I hope Lia is smart enough to stay away though.

I make my annoyance and frustration known with Ryujin. I keep exhaling out loud and I would click my tongue. I also keep glaring at her but that doesn't work because she doesn't look at me.

This is another thing driving me crazy. She acknowledges me when other people are around but not when it's just us two.

I let out another loud exhale.

She takes off her sunglasses now and she looks at me, "Is there a problem?"

Her intense gaze and her sudden action does intimidate me a little but I can't show her that.

"Why are you here, Ryujin?" I decide to get to the point. I'm tired of wondering and I panicked so it's the first thing that came out or my mouth.

"The same reason you are. We're on a flight to follow our game schedule" her gaze softens now.

"Did you know before coming to Korea that I play for this team?" I ask.

"Are we really having a talk now?" She straightens up and she turns her upper body to completely face me.

The plane moves now and is getting ready for take off.

"I feel like we have to if we want to keep working together" I try not to bring up the fact that I believe she's here to sabotage me.

"So did you know that I was in this team before coming here?" I ask again.

"I did and it's one of the reason why I was hesitant on joining the team" she answers.

"Why did you though?" I expect some sort of villainous answer.

"Because my grandpa begged me. He's been begging me for years to join but I keep refusing. He said it would only be for the rest of the season then he will leave me alone in Japan when it's over. He's been wanting me to play baseball here in Korea to be closer to him but I don't want to. This country haunts me. There's too much pain for me to want to stay here. This was the only way to stop him from trying to get me to move back here" she answers. Is she really not here to hurt me?

"Your parents finally let you play baseball? Weren't they against it?" I curiously ask.

"My family matter is personal and private. As far as I know, you and I are strangers to each other. All we did was play baseball in high school. I'm not important enough to remember, right?" I feel guilty.