~One~

"Hey, can you help with this box? It's extremely heavy," Nadia let out a large sigh as she failed to lift the final box out of the bed of her truck.

"Yeah, I got you," her friend with fully tattooed arms spoke softly as he reached for the box.

Nadia smiled, "Thanks, Elijah."

"No problem," he smiled back as he walked off through the front door of her new home.

Nadia closed the bed of the truck and walked inside behind Elijah. She watched as he set down the final box on top of another that was crammed in the front entrance.

When he was done, he looked over at Nadia and scanned her face.

She tucked her hair behind her ear before she spoke, "What're you looking at?"

"I don't know," he shrugged and smirked.

"Okay, we'll don't stare too long. You've got a new tattoo to draw for me."

Elijah let out a soft laugh, "Fair enough. I'll see you later at the shop then," he winked at her.

"Elijah," she spoke in a disappointed tone.

"Sorry, sorry. Enjoy your new home." With that, he walked out and closed the door behind him.

Elijah had been trying to get a date from Nadia for years. She always rejected his advances. Not because he wasn't attractive, but because she simply enjoyed being alone. She could do whatever she wanted while alone. Having someone around constantly would hinder that.

Nadia took a look around before reaching for the nearest box and opening it. Revealing plates and mugs of all different colors and sizes. She was never one for same color dishes. To her, it seemed boring.

~~~

Multiple boxes later, there was knock at her door. She quickly stood from the box she was knelt at and made her way to the front door. When she opened the door she was met by a familiar face.

"I've got your house warming gift!" The girl smiled wide.

"Ah, Gwen, you never skip a beat," Nadia laughed and took the bottle of champagne from her friends hand.

"Never," Gwen laughed. "Now, where's your champagne glasses?"

"Umm," Nadia paused and looked around and all the remaining boxes, "Somewhere around here."

Both Gwen and Nadia searched more boxes until they gave up and grabbed random glasses that were lying around.

A few hours into the night, the bottle was empty and the girls were laughing on the couch. After talking for a couple of hours, Gwen finally asked.

"Soo... How's Elijah?"

"Gwen," Nadia scoffed and rolled her eyes trying to avoid the conversation.

"No! I'm serious! That man has been crushing on you since... well... forever!"

Nadia stood up and grabbed the empty bottle, "I don't want to talk about him."

Gwen stood up to follow, "C'mon Nadia, that poor man is in pure agony waiting for you!"

"I think he'll be waiting forever," Nadia said as she placed the empty bottle onto the bookshelf and adjusted the ribbon on the neck.

Gwen laughed, "Well, if you don't want him, I'll take him. You're insane for letting that kind of man slip away."

Nadia hung her head, "You can have him." She looked back up and made eye contact with Gwen, "You know that-"

"That you like being alone, yes," Gwen finished her sentence and rolled her eyes. "You can't be alone forever."

"Hmmm, well...." Nadia smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, shut it," Gwen laughed and Nadia joined in. "I should probably go now."

"You okay to drive?"

"Yeah, I'm good. You drank more of that bottle than I did," Gwen laughed and walked toward the front door.

Nadia followed, "Well, drive safe and I'll see you at work in a couple of days."

"Will do!" Gwen smiled and walked toward the driveway as Nadia closed the door behind her.

Nadia placed her head in her hand and leaned against the closed door. Sulking and thinking about what to do with the Elijah situation. It's not like he's a bad guy, he's kind and offers a helping hand all of the time. He also occasionally buys her flowers. But, for some reason, Nadia's overwhelming feeling of needing to be alone trumps all. At times, she wondered if something was wrong with her. Maybe she will give him a chance, maybe being alone with someone would be better. She couldn't decide.

She lifted from the door and made her way to her new bedroom. She grabbed some pajamas from a trash bag that she hadn't unpacked quite yet. She undressed and paused, feeling as if someone was staring at her. She whipped her head towards her bedroom window and scanned the outdoors. She quickly finished pulling up her shorts and jumped onto the bed to get a closer look outside.

After seeing nothing, she shook it off and sunk into the bed, "I better not be going crazy."

Nadia chuckled at her own comment and plugged her phone into the charger and placed it onto her nightstand. Checking the time before getting under the blankets and eventually falling asleep.