~Four~

"Why, hello there Nadia," Elijah subtly bit his lip, "You seem to be in a good mood."

Nadia shrugged, "Yeah, maybe... I met-" She trailed off wondering if she should continue telling this story to Elijah.

"You met...?" Elijah slightly tilted his head intrigued.

"Well-" Nadia was quickly cut off.

"Hey, are you Nadia? You work here too right?" The new guy tapped her on the shoulder and asked with urgency.

Nadia quickly nodded.

"Good, because I need your help. I barely know what I'm doing!" He spoke with his voice shakey.

"Okay, I got you." Nadia took the strainer from his hand, "What's your name?"

"Steven, Steven Johnson," He gave a slight smile as he reached for the Tito's on the shelf behind them.

~~~

As the night went on, Nadia and Steven talked and worked together all night while Elijah stayed at the bar and Jake went off to flirt with some women on the dance floor. Things were starting to get easier with the new bartender. Nadia wasn't used to working with another at her bar, but she was pleasantly surprised at his efficiency.

"Nadia?" Steven asked coyly.

"Yes, Steven?" She asked as she was shaking up a drink for Elijah.

Steven's cheeks suddenly went red, "Who was that girl you were talking to earlier?"

Nadia gave a cheeky smile to Elijah, "Oh, Gwen?"

Elijah smiled back, "I can give you her number if you're interested."

Steven's eyes shined and a smile grew on his face, "Yes, please!"

"I got you, man," Elijah took a napkin and Steven's pen and took out his phone to copy Gwen's phone number for him.

"Thank you," Steven looked at the napkin as if it was the holy grail and quickly took out his phone to enter it into his contacts.

Nadia and Elijah smiled at each other as she poured the drink she just made into his glass. Elijah seductively took a sip and closed his eyes in enjoyment of his tasty drink. Nadia let out a slight gasp at the sight of him. She began to imagine him doing that same face while in bed with him and felt her chest tighten. Elijah looked back up at her from where he sat and pushed the inside of his cheek with his tongue as if he could read her mind and couldn't wait any longer. She battered her eyelashes at him and softened her gaze as if she was waiting for him to make a move.

"What're you doing after this?" A familiar deep voice that wasn't coming from Elijah spoke out to her.

She quickly averted her gaze to the direction of the voice and saw Cory. Her heart dropped. Her thoughts began racing. 

How do I explain this to Elijah?

What is he doing here?

How did he know where I work?

What is Elijah thinking right now?

Before she could speak, Elijah chimed in, "And you are?"

Cory scoffed, already knowing this game, "Cory."

"I don't really care about your name, I care about why you're talking to my girl," Elijah stood up to try and intimidate the man.

Cory suddenly burst into laughter, "If she was 'your girl' I'm pretty sure there would've been some of your things in her house."

Elijah blinked in disbelief. Taken aback, he stood still and was staring with his mouth slightly open.

Cory brushed his hair back nonchalantly, "What? Cat got your tongue?"

"Okay Cory, that's enough please," Nadia put her hand out as if it would stop anything from happening.

Cory just looked at her and nodded in agreement and took a seat at the bar next to Elijah, even though he was still standing shocked.

"Elijah, Cory is my neighbor, I met him last night."

He finally sat down and looked Cory up and down to size him up. Cory was most definitely taller than him, Elijah stood at about 5'10 while Cory was at least 6'1 if that. He also had dark hair that was short, but long enough to still guard his eyes if it ever got in the way. Elijah felt a ting of jealousy while looking at him and the way Nadia looked at him as well. He quickly finished the rest of his drink before placing money on the counter and began leaving the bar. 

"What's his deal?" Cory pointed his thumb behind him at Elijah who was disappearing into the crowd.

Nadia let out a large sign, "He has been trying to get me to go on a date with him since like, well, forever I guess," She picked up Elijah's lonely glass and started to clean it. She let out another sign before continuing, "Since I graduated High School, so around 4 years maybe?"

"God, that man does not give up. He's patient I'll give him that," Cory laughed in disbelief.

"Yeah..." Nadia said quietly as if she was sad or embarrassed for him.

Cory grabbed a menu and began to scan his options, "Would you go on a date with me?"