Bastardo Flaco

Satori never found out about the boys being upstairs because Santiago wasn't gonna snitch and neither was Anthony. But for the next three days, it was from home then to school, and back home. That's how her punishment went more often than not. Currently, she's at the end of day one and it's already miserable. She wasn't being grounded for the boys she was being punished for lying. Donna called her last night and told her the latest gossip, and asked her questions but it wasn't anything she didn't expect to happen. Sitting on her bed she waited for the phone to ring. 

Staring at the pink lip-shaped phone she waited for someone to call. Her punishment ends in two days so, maybe they were just waiting to see her. Then the overthinking came. Did they forget about her? This wasn't the first time she's gotten grounded. One time freshman year she was grounded for four months because she got caught sneaking out. To do what? Go down the street to the corner store. She's snuck out for worse and done worse in the house without being caught. 

Flopping back on her bed she periodically looked over at the phone waiting for it to ring.  Groaning she rolled over to fall asleep. The phone rang. She got up quickly and picked it up before the second ring. "Hello?" she said. 

"Hey Jello, it's Donna. Do you think you can be ungrounded by Saturday," Donna asked.

"Yeah, my punishment is up on Friday, why?" 

"We're gonna throw a party in an abandoned house, you think  you can go?" 

She thought about it for a second. A party? No way she would get permission. "Yeah, I'll just say I'm going to Eric's," She responded. She didn't want to look uncool. Her biggest fear is her friends leaving her behind because then she would have no one. "Uh Donna," Itzel started.

"Yeah?" 

"Did Hyde ask about me?"

"You really gotta get over him Jello. He's just a stupid scum of the earth boy." 

"I know, and I am. Promise." She was not getting over Steven Hyde. The fact is she was less than over Hyde. She taped the origami onto her mirror and she catches herself overthinking about it too much. But he didn't want her, in her mind he wouldn't want her. To the rest of the gang, it was a silly crush. But she didn't know what it was to Hyde. Probably an annoyance. Donna started to complain about her parents fighting, then about Jackie. 

But the sound of pebbles hitting her window cut her off. "I'll call you back Donna," she said cutting Donna off. She hung up before Donna could respond. Outside her window was her younger brother being held up by his friend. The Perez family lives in a two-story house but it's easy to climb into Itzel's window if you just stand on the trash can.  

Itzel opened the window and stared down at her drunken younger brother. "You two have got to be kidding me," She muttered. 

"Mind letting us in?" Marcus asked awkwardly. Satori and Valeria were watching tv in the living room, the two only ever got along when watching telenovelas. Sighing Itzel asked, "How did you two even accomplish this level of idiocy?" Marcus smiled and held up a can of spray paint. 

"We were just out to spray painting that bridges over by the mall, y'know making sure we get our mark in before all the space is taken up," Marcus started, "And then a friend of ours showed up with a keg, Anthony got a little carried away is all."  Rolling her eyes she opened the window wider so that they could climb in one at a time.  Anthony could hardly even open his eyes let alone speak. Hanging half out the window she reached down trying to grab onto Anthony.  

"Push him up onto the trash can," she said trying to grab Anthony's arm. The height and weight comparison between Marcus and Anthony is quite large. Anthony is about five foot ten and weighs one hundred and sixty pounds (Pure muscle from years of working at the Auto shop).  Marcus on the other hand is maybe five foot four and barely weighs one hundred and ten pounds. Marcus struggled to push Anthony onto the top of the trash can. 

Itzel grabbed onto Anthony's forearms and started to pull.  "Damn it bastardo flaco (skinny bastard) push with your legs," she said harshly. "I'm trying frente grande (big forehead)," Marcus fired back. Itzel leaned back and pressed her feet against the wall trying to drag her brother inside. After ten minutes or so of pulling she was able to get him halfway through the window. Flopping back onto the floor her heart felt like it was about to beat out of her chest. Marcus climbed up onto the trash can and then pushed Anthony the rest of the way in. 

Marcus gracefully climbed inside the window and flopped down on the floor. Marcus and Anthony may be quite different physical build wise but they dress almost identically.  They both started rocking a slick back in the seventh grade then they started to dress similarly. Santiago calls them wanna-be gang members. Itzel stared up at her bright white ceiling, small pink flowers randomly painted all over the ceiling as a remanence of the larger flowers her Dad painted on the wall when she was six.  The flowers on the wall weren't there anymore now it was just four white walls covered in posters. 

Anthony rolled over off of his stomach and stared up at the ceiling. He opened his eyes just a little and then pointed his fist up in the air and flipped off the flowers. Marcus looked over at Itzel and then joined him. Sighing Itzel did the same. "You know Tio and Ma are gonna kill you if they see you two right," she muttered. 

"Most definitely," Marcus replied.