Chapter 1

Some colourful language is used in this chapter!!

Y/n POV:

Not all men were created equally. Some are given more power than they deserved whereas others did not receive the power to do good. My friend, Izuku Midoriya learned this from the young age of 4 years old.

He was laying on the floor; covered in scrapes, bruises and cuts. The boy never deserved this. Nobody ever did.

"Here. Take my hand," I told the boy and he gratefully took it. I pulled him up to his feet and gave him a hug.

"Izu, are you ok?" I asked him about all the scrapes he has accumulated over the years.

He gave a meek nod but he still looked upset over the mistreatment.

Izuku always put a smile on in front of me and I didn't know why and I still don't to this day. I can't help but wonder what goes through his inquisitive brain. His eyes are full of wonder and excitement whenever the topic of heroes was brought up.

I couldn't help but be dragged into all of his hero talk; seeing his smile made my day. I hoped it would never change. I wanted to stay by Izuku's side for the rest of eternity.

So that's exactly what I did.

We are now 14 years old. Not much has happened since we were little. Of course, I was still by his side, looking out for him.

Firecracker still continued his mistreatment of Izuku but his mistreatment of me died down quickly. I just wish he wouldn't pick on Izuku. Just because he is quirkless does not give him an excuse to become abusive towards him.

We were walking down the streets together on our way to school when a monstrous growl could be heard from a few streets away. Unfortunately, Izuku is a curious bundle full of wonder so he sprints off in the direction of the growl.

Of course, I followed quickly behind him whilst making sure he did not hurt himself along the way.

We arrived at the scene to see a giant villain smashing through an electric pylon and throwing it. Death arms, one of the pro-heroes at the scene, managed to catch the pylon before it caused any further damage.

"Oh, it's Death Arms! He carries out justice through his great physical strength – the Punching Hero!" a man said, who was clearly a fanboy, as a crowd started to form due to the dramatic scene

"Everyone, this is dangerous. Stay back, stay back!" another hero said as they made a line of water to keep the crowd safe from the villain attack.

Then the crowd started saying a bunch of random stuff such as:

"The rescue specialist, Backdraft, is here, too!"

"But man, turning into a monster's an amazing Quirk. What did he do?"

"He stole someone's bag and went out of control when he was cornered." somebody replied to the other.

"A Quirk like that and he's a bag snatcher?" the other replied yet again.

It was honestly a pretty pathetic scene. I wonder why Izuku likes it so much. However, if this is what he enjoys seeing then I will support him through this in order to help him build his future hero career.

Both me and Izuku pushed our way to the front of the crowd in order to get a better view on what was happening.

"Who's fighting?" Izuku asked.

I was about to answer him but he answered his own question.

"It's Kamui Woods! The young and talented rising star!" he stated and I gave a hum in response.