Chapater 8- Hogsmeade

Lara took all the time in the world to shower. She let the ice water skate down her back for at least ten minutes. Her skin was numb and the color of it burned red, craving warmth and sanctuary from her dry towel.

Sebastian's actions and Imelda's words stained her brain in that shower stall. If love truly had been the intention of his actions, why had he pushed her away so adamantly? Lara felt as if she was going mad trying to figure out what it was she did wrong between the end of last year and the day they arrived back for their sixth year. She knew these thoughts would plague her for the rest of the day, possibly for the rest of the week. Who was she kidding, probably for the next few weeks if she was being honest with herself.

The fantasizing fragment of her mind danced at the idea that Sebastian was truly, deeply, in love with her. However, she was not convinced, nor did she feel like putting in the effort to find out. His upbringing seemed to be tough enough to force an emotion like love into a box, stored deep within the core of his heart. Lara knew that the only love he shed a tear for was Anne. Rightfully so, her life had also been plagued with unfortunate events. She could and would never blame Sebastian for what he did to try and save what is left of his twin's life. Unbeknownst to their lost or salvaged relationship, Lara would have liked to assume that Anne made an effort to let him back into her life.

She had enough of this consideration of love. Lara shut the water off and dried herself, wrapping the damp town around her well-curved figure. Her wet locks stuck to her back like sap on a tree, birthing water trails down the visible part of her spine. Her body had been well tested last year, but over the summer Lara maintained her physique. Jogging and continuing physical activity outside in the blistering air kept her headspace out of impactful memories. Memories that had grown into nightmares, nightmares that boiled over into post-traumatic stress during the day.

She lotioned her skin from top to bottom and gathered her sweaty clothes to hastily return to her room. Thankfully, it was still early enough for most of Slytherin's students to still be sleeping. Especially after last night's party at Ravenclaw, Lara did not expect to see anyone up and about other than those who were at practice an hour earlier. She waited until all the other girls had showered and returned to their rooms before she made her way into the stalls. Nothing against them, but Lara desperately wanted the shower to herself.

Upon her departure from the girl's washroom, she nearly tripped over the long practice robe she wore this morning. The grated floor banged and echoed down the stairs to capture the attention of a clean and wet Sebastian, along with Augustus Caraway at his side.

Lara made eye contact with only Augustus, forcing herself to ignore the growing shade of crimson on Sebastian's face.

A provocative whistle escaped Caraway's lips. "Now that's what I call a good morning." Lara immediately regretted wearing only a towel. "You can walk out into the common room like that any day of the week Blackwolf. Believe me, every bloke in Slytherin would thank you." His eyes raked over her slowly. Slithering over the wet curve and cleavage of her chest, down to the water still trailing along the inside of her legs.

Lara squeezed her fingers into the top of her towel, fearing it might fall from her embarrassment. She shouldn't have done it, but her eyes dodged left at Sebastian. His mouth hung agape. The dampness of his hair enhanced the blush of his body, and his freckles looked as if they were on fire.

Lara quickly removed her eyes from him before her lust could imagine something worse. She rushed across the hall, opening and slamming her door closed in one gust of panic. The hand clutching her towel lightened on the pressure while the other found the top of her scalp. Her fingers rung through her hair, breathless and vulnerable. She prayed nothing would come of such a scene. But this was school, witchcraft, and wizardry or not, students loved to gossip.