Chapter 11- The Date

Hi guys! A little note before you read: 

So sorry for the delay! I had a very busy week and got caught up writing a one-shot with Garreth. I wanted to try my hand at writing smut for the first time. If you'd like to read it you can check my profile. It's called Seeing Red. Maybe it's a preview of what I can do for this fanfiction... ;) thanks so much for keeping up with this story. I love all the comments, they make me smile!

Please vote, share, and or comment if you like this story! :D

***

Lara invited Poppy and Natty over to her and Imelda's room about an hour before her date with Elias. She was excited, but not nervous. Her opinion of him was clouded by his handsome face and the sweet words of enchantment he's been feeding her since they met. This was her opportunity to truly get to know him, maybe even drill him.

"You should ask him about his family. I hear they live in a large chateau somewhere in the south of France." Poppy stated, brushing her hair for the party at Hufflepuff.

"Don't forget what I told you, Lara." Natty reminded Lara twice earlier that day about the so-called 'promised marriage' his family arranged for him.

Lara sighed. "I know, I know."

"Oh yeah! I heard about that. Rather scandalous if he brought you home to surprise the folks. Mum, Da, here's my new girlfriend. Fuck that bitch you two picked out for me!" Imelda slapped her knee, cracking herself up in the corner of their room. She too was brushing her hair while adding a little blush to the peaks of her cheekbones.

"I'm not his girlfriend."

"Not yet you're not," Natty smirked. She too was getting herself ready for the night, strapping on leather boots that went up to her shin.

The three girls assured Lara earlier that day that none of them would be drinking tonight. They each wanted to ensure her safety over the festivities at Hufflepuff. In case she needed a slick getaway, Poppy, Imelda, and Natty promised that they would come to her aid should anything go wrong with Elias.

"Do you guys think I look... too much like a librarian?" Lara stood up from her bed after slipping her knee-high laced boots on. She turned in front of the girls, spinning around once. Lara decided on her crossed wand navy blue leggings with an oversized white turtleneck sweater. It was cutesy and cozy. Her hair was waved in a half up half down look. The light color of red on her eye's waterline complimented her features and brought out the natural blush of her lips.

Their reactions were not what Lara expected.

Poppy started. "Not at all! You look so cute! I just want to hug you and squeeze you like a teddy bear!" Poppy did just that, and Lara's smile nearly broke her face.

"I too think you look lovely. And you certainly don't look anything like Scribner."

"Thank you, Natty for that reassurance." They both laughed. "Imelda?" Lara was rather nervous based on her roommate's cryptic expression. "You hate it?"

"It's certainly not what I would have chosen for you, but it suits you, and you look like yourself. That's what matters. Plus you're still stunning, you could wear a fish net with rusted hooks and you'd look fabulous!"

Lara felt good, confident, and ready. She left the girls in her room but not before giving them all hugs and them wishing her luck.

Natty grabbed Lara's shoulders after her hug. "If you need anything, Lara, you go to the Hufflepuff common room straight away and find one of us, okay?"

She nodded, thanking her best friends again.

Lara left her room and out through the snake entrance of the common room. She went up the stairs to the grand staircase doors. But before she opened them, she was yanked into a small cleaning closet by the pull of her wrist.