Chapter 3

Am really sorry for the too late update ! 🥺

There might be some typos. So, if you come across any please do inform me 😬

Hope you enjoy reading

______________________________________

The same day when the employees at Go Food were amused by their new President, it was our dear Jungkook's birthday. Jin entered their team cabin saying that since it was Jungkook's birthday, he has made a reservation at Kookie's favourite place, Aunty's Street Food to celebrate as a team. Jungkook shyly replied, "Thank you, you didn't really have to do this for me. " Namjoon cut him off and said that a team should always stick together and just then Kookie's phone dinged with a few messages from his longtime crush --

👤 Happy Birthday
👤 Can you swing by ?
👤 I have something for you

He can't really miss this...

Almost immediately, putting his phone aside, Kookie rolled his chair to his Jin hyung and whispered in his ears, "Jin hyung am so sorry but I don't think I can make it to the team dinner today." Jin immediately snapped back whispering, "Why? What is it? " Seeing Kookie being hesitant to answer, Jin continued, "Is it a guy?" Jungkook dumbly asked how did he know and Jin replied rolling his eyes, " Because your soul less eyes are suddenly sparkling. That's how." With that a blush appeared on Kookie's cheeks and Jin winked at him saying, "Go grab your man !" before standing up from his seat and announcing to his team mates, i.e., Hoseok and Namjoon that they have celebrate Kookie's birthday without the birthday boy joining, while Jungkook quickly packed his things up. Hoseok was taken aback and asked dumbfounded, "What's going on?" while Namjoon retorted, "It's like celebrating Thanksgiving without Turkey !" while Jungkook took his leave while uttering a number of sorrys and thank-yous, promising that the next dinner will be on him.

*******

Jungkook was standing with a shy smile beside the metro door while looking outside the train when his bestfriend, Park Jimin called him. He heard his bestfriend sweetly wishing him , " Kookie Kookie... I'm so busy... that I can't even meet up with you on your birthday. So what's you plan today huh !?"

[ A/n : I'll use Jm for Jimin's words .. ]

Jk : Mingyu wants to see me, so am heading over (while smiling and blushing madly!!!)

Jm : Mingyu ? Why is he calling you ? After he made you do all that work for his new menu ? (he retorted and sounded soo pissed !!)

Jk : That was hardly work. I had a blast, and I learned a lot too. (He tried to calm down his bestfriend)

Jm : Ayyyyee Goodness, you're really head-over-heels for Mingyu.
But he's never the one to remember birthdays. Why is he --
Wait, No way ! (he gasps as he remembers something with a smile)

Jk : What no way ?

Jm : Was that necklace from before really your birthday gift?

Jk : Necklace ? .....

[ Flashback... ]

Since Jungkook is a food researcher and Mingyu is a very close friend with Jungkook and Jimin, Mingyu asked Jungkook to taste the new menu of his restaurant. So while Kookie was busy munching on the various food items tasting them and analysing their taste, Jimin found a necklace from behind the counter. Excitedly, Jimin showed it to his bestfriend who shrugged while munching on his food that maybe a customer has left that behind.