Chapter 5

Surprised? 🌝

Told ya I'll update soon...didn't I? 😉

Hope you enjoy reading 🤗

______________________________________

"Will he be alright?"

"Yes. His blood pressure is higher than usual, but it's not serious", the doctor replied to Yoongi's concern with Taehyung by his side.

"What do you mean, it's not serious?" The Chairman snapped at the doctor, straightening himself up on the hospital bed in a VIP room of the hospital wearing a blue patients' robe.

Taehyung silently eyed his grandfather as he continued while fixing his robes and looking at the doctor, "Last time you said that my lungs, kidneys and small intestine weren't doing great" and ended with a wink at the doctor, who was standing beside him with his patient's charts on a clipboard in his hands and two nurses silently enjoying the drama with professionalism masked on their faces.

"What? I did?"

The doctor gasped and leaned his head towards his now patient all flustered and taken aback with widened eyes.

"Doctoooor !!!!", the Chairman literally whined annoyed and pinched the doctor's thigh, the doctor immediately got his cue. While wincing in pain and rubbing his thigh, he almost started rambling—

"Oh, yes, that's right. I remember now", still rubbing his thigh and looking at the chairman, who sighed in relief that his plan was working finally. He then turned to Taehyung and Yoongi and continued, "Considering his age, things can change drastically day by day", trying his best to explain his point.

"And you said I should avoid stress more than anything, right?" The chairman added, while lying in a half-seated posture now.

"Yes Sir.

--Everyone around him should be careful..."

The Chairman again cut him off and snorted, "Did you hear that?"

All this while Taehyung was watching the drama unfold with crossed arms and a straight face and Yoongi beside him was no different, just a bit more formal.

Taehyung finally uncrossed his arms and stuffed them in his pockets and scoffed at his grandfather with narrowed eyes—

"It seems you are fine, o drop the act and get out of bed."

"You ! Do you really want to see me die because of you?" The Chairman straightened his back and got up getting all worked up and really annoyed at his grandson. "I am going to—", he couldn't complete a it seemed his blood pressure got hiked up again. So, Taehyung cut him off and calmly proposed, "Since you are already here, why don't you get a full body checkup?" concern laced in is calm voice.

"I'm leaving...", with that Taehyung turned around and walked out the VIP cabin, leaving behind Yoongi, who kept staring at the old man, who was now peeking to see if his grandson has already left his cabin. As he walked out, the Chairman's secretary bowed him and walked in the cabin.

Taehyung stood outside the cabin, various thoughts clouding his mind. He rubbed his forehead with his fingers while the other hand, still in his pocket. A tired sigh left his lips.

-------

After a long day of work, Mr and Mrs Jeon are cleaning the tables and everything, closing up for the day. Jungkook, on the other hand was going through the business that they had the whole day, the profits and everything. Still looking at the bills, he voiced out—

"What's the point of having group reservations?"

The Jeon couple turned to look at their son at the same time, trying to comprehend what's coming their way now.