you're everything i want (plus everything i need)

pre-ghostface / no ghostface, gender neutral reader, pure fluff

Ethan Landry was not one to ask for things, no matter how badly he wanted them. Ethan Landry was the type to sit with his desires until someone guessed what was on his mind or his wants were ignored long enough that they flickered out.

Ethan Landry had never known what it was like to have all of his needs suddenly fulfilled - until you came along.

Something in you, whether it was intuition or an acute attention to detail, allowed you to understand Ethan Landry perfectly. Whether it was tapping his fingers on the closest surface or nervous glances sent your way, you knew what Ethan Landry wanted without him ever having to open his mouth.

It was obvious when Ethan began liking you, something you picked up on quickly despite only knowing him a short time - you could almost pinpoint the exact moment. The way his eyes would always shift to see your reaction after he made a joke, the way he would only ever speak to you even in group settings; Ethan Landry gave himself away too easily.

It was fun, until you realized the nervous looks and shy smiles that left Ethan flustered weren't going to amount to anything else - at least, not from Ethan.

If it was anybody else you would've given up, frustrated from the lack of progress. But your friends, who knew Ethan just a little better than you did, encouraged you to be patient with the boy who had never been in a relationship.

Ethan Landry was painfully oblivious to any signs that a person like him - yet you fell for him anyway.

You took the initiative after a month of a frustratingly slow back-and-forth with Ethan, texts exchanged almost everyday. When you weren't texting you were hanging out, and although it was always in a group setting, it did not deter you from your mission - you knew how nervous Ethan could get when he was alone with you.

It had only happened once when Tara, Chad, and Mindy suddenly canceled on dinner, leaving you and Ethan. You had already gotten ready and you were starving, so you dragged Ethan despite his hesitance. The poor boy was a mess, barely getting a word out without stuttering. He couldn't face you the entire night, hammering in your suspicion that he liked you.

His crush on you was obvious, but you weren't going to tell Ethan that. You let things progress slowly, for his sake.

You thought he was going to black out when you asked him out, officially. It seemed out of the blue to him, catching him by surprise and giving him no time to calm the pounding of his heart. He could barely get a response out but it was unnecessary - you already knew what it would be.

It was awkward, at first. The two of you would sit in silence, hands kept to yourselves. Despite the relationship you were in, it was difficult to navigate what the other wanted with no verbal cues.

Again, you took the lead.

The two of you were watching a movie that Ethan was completely invested in - until you scooted closer to him, shoulder-to-shoulder and thigh-to-thigh. You felt Ethan stiffen at your touch, a flush on his face. You smiled, placing your hand on top of Ethan's, which was balled into a fist on his thigh.

"You can hold my hand," you whispered and Ethan nodded, opening his hand to take yours. He brought his other hand over to lay on top of yours, telling you he wanted you. He was terrified that his lack of experience would scare you away or bore you - maybe that was a little too much to say with just the touch of your hand. Ethan no longer cared about the movie, his attention moving from it to you with every touch of your skin against his.

You leaned more into Ethan and he tried to relax, a goal he knew was impossible. He wasn't capable of it when you were so close to him, setting his body aflame while you held hands.