all made up

Ethan always watched with a hazy, love-stricken stare when you put on makeup.

He was entranced by your faces of concentration and what he assumed were light touches aiming for precision as you applied whatever product came next.

You always hated when he stared, his intense attention on you making your face grow warm with embarrassment. But then you'd look over and see hearts in Ethan's eyes and you forgave him.

Whether it was a desire to feel those little touches and taps you did on yourself or pure curiosity, Ethan blurted out the idea of you putting makeup on him.

And maybe it was a desire for revenge, an opportunity to fluster him as much as he flustered you whenever he stared, that caused you to say yes.

You started off sitting in front of Ethan, products spread out everywhere as you thought about what you would do to him. You could probably slather red on his eyes and purple on his cheeks and get praised, but you decided against it.

You picked up your first product: a barely-touched concealer that was not your shade. It came in a small palette of cream concealers and came in handy as you began working on Ethan's eye bags.

"Wait, what about the face stuff?" Ethan asked, a small whine in his voice.

"Ethan, we are not the same shade. You're lucky this concealer kinda matches," you laughed gently, patting under his eyes carefully. "Plus, you have nice skin. You wouldn't have needed it, anyway."

Ethan grumbled a little. He had been looking forward to that part. Now he would have to trick you into washing his face for him some day.

At least Ethan didn't have to close his eyes for this part. He sat with his legs crossed and his hands on his knees, eager for your touch. He watched as your concentration face formed, careful to put the product only where it needed to be.

You were quiet, which Ethan should have anticipated. You reached for some light brown eye shadow and a brush.

"I think you need to come closer for that," Ethan grinned, pulling you fully into his lap.

"I think you just want me on your lap," you smiled.

"Maybe," Ethan hummed against your lips, giving you a soft kiss.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted me to do your makeup," you laughed, pulling away and holding Ethan's face steady. "You can't move or I'm gonna poke your eye out."

You couldn't help the small laugh that escaped your lips at Ethan's expression. "I'm kidding."

"You're so mean."

"You like it." You tapped the brush off against the eye shadow pan. "Close your eyes."

Ethan obeyed and cherished each gentle brush of makeup against his eyelids, smiling as he lost himself in the feeling. It was slow and relaxing, and Ethan's eyes snapped open once it ended.

You offered him a smile as you added a little more here, rubbed a little bit off there. The care you put into this made Ethan's heart pound out of his chest, adoration clear on his face. It was such a small thing, but each glance you threw him to make sure you weren't getting anything in his eye made Ethan melt completely.

You reached for a different type of brush and combed through Ethan's eyebrows, half-hidden by his curls. Your motions were slow but the process wasn't a long one and you were reaching for something new in no time.

You brushed a light blush onto Ethan's cheeks, emphasizing what was already there. He was always blushing around you, especially when you were this close. He took advantage of you working on his face to stare like he loved to do. He stared at your face as you worked, watching each feature shift subtly.

Ethan could stare at you for hours. You were beautiful.

Ethan's heart beat so loud in his ears he could barely hear you speak to him.

"Huh?" He asked dumbly, his eyes falling back to yours.

"I'm done," you smiled. "wanna see?"

"What? No," Ethan pouted. "Do more, please?"

You laughed at Ethan's expression and his request.

"I'm serious. You can make me look like a clown or whatever, just... keep doing my makeup?" Ethan looked at you with big eyes and you grinned.

"Aw, Ethan," you said softly, cupping his face in your hand. "You don't need makeup to look like a clown."

"Ha, ha," Ethan said, though he was holding back a genuine laugh.

"I'm just gonna swipe my brushes on you," you warned.

"That's fine," Ethan grinned, wrapping his arms around you.

"I can barely move if you're trapping me like this," you laughed.

"That's fine," Ethan repeated. He could see you perfectly from here and could feel the soft brush tap against his skin.

That's all that mattered.

[a/n]: if you'd like to read more ethan x reader stories, make sure to check out my other multi-chapter works! tysm <3