𝗕𝗘𝗗!

'it's not even lighting up orange anymore at all.'

'as soon as we all.. left?'

'as soon as we left the bathroom.'

colby, sam, and corey huddled back into the bathroom, discussing the emf, which left james and jake in the main bedroom, james still on the bed. she curled up on her side in the middle of the mattress, arm cradling her own stomach, trying to bring some relief to her pounding headache.

jake settled on the edge of the bed next to her, gently brushing some hair out of her eyes, making her open them to look up at him, smiling slightly.

'you okay?'

'mhm, i just have a headache still, quite bad, and i'm not sure i'm up to properly throwing myself into this investigation like i usually am.'

'that's okay, just do whatever you're comfortable with.'

they spoke softly, gently to one another, jakes hand running through the hair at her hairline, his fingertips grazing her forehead slightly.

as they shared the moment of peace, of course, it got interrupted by a sudden jolt, a supernatural shake of the bed.

'seriously?'

jake chuckled at the girl, and she watched him shift to the edge of the bed momentarily, wanting to tell the others what had happened but also not wanting to leave her alone.

'go, i'll be right here.'

he nodded, his hand coming down to cup her flushed cheek, which she leaned into before it was gone only moments later as he stood up, moving towards the bathroom.

'when you guys walked in here, the bed did this.'

looking at the other 3, he made a shaking movement with his hands.

'it shook.'

'no it didn't!'

'yeah, and right after it shook, you guys said 'it's back.' i swear to God.'

'that gave me fucking chills.'

'i swear, our bodies shook on the bed, and you guys said it was there. it was like it got up and came here, i swear on my fucking life.'

sam explained about the emf, while james listened in from the other room, her eyes beginning to feel heavy with sleep.

'if there is an energy here that wants to talk to us, please make a stronger signal.'

corey and jake left the bathroom, the two of them lying on either side of james on the bed, trying to see if corey could feel the shaking sensation.

corey nudged the woman, swiftly checking in.

'you still not feeling good?'

'i just have like a pounding headache, and i'm fucking boiling, it's just so like, uncomfortable.'

'do we know if there's an ac in here?'

'i don't think it's even that kinda warm, like my skin feels all prickly and my clothes feel uncomfy and it's like i don't feel hot, everything does. my hair doesn't help either it's like no matter how hard i try it's so bunched around my neck.'

'do you have a hair tie?'

'i'm not sure, not on me, maybe in my bag?'

'here brother'

corey took the hair tie that jake was surprisingly offering up before beginning to talk about the bed, the brunette man starting to pull james' hair into a loose braid down her back, collecting it away from around her neck and face.