𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗨𝗧!

james woke up to a phone call from jake.

she hit the answer button and held her phone to her ear.

'what.'

'damn jay, could sound happier to hear from me.'

'jake i just woke up, what do you want.'

'you're so fucking lazy james, it's 3pm.'

'shame. now. for the third time, what the fuck is it?'

'do u wanna spend the day together? well, what's left of it. i'm bored and i think it's time we had a best friends day.'

'yeah, i'll be ready in 20.'

'okay.'

she ended the call and set her phone down on her bed. why did her stomach sink at jakes title of 'best friends'?

there is no way in hell i like this boy like that, nuh-uh.

she repeated this to herself while she got ready, and when she had finally finished her makeup, she looked herself in the eyes in her mirror.

holy fuck i like him.

butterflies arose in her stomach and she brushed it off, deciding she couldn't ruin her day with jake over a silly crush.

she was wearing a green and black flannel tucked into a black tennis skirt, jean chains attached to the skirt.

she clasped a few necklaces around her neck and pulled on some knee high socks and doc martens, nodding at herself in her mirror before grabbing her phone and leaving.

she knocked on the door to jakes apartment, smiling at him when he opened it.

he looked her up and down, his eyes widening. james pulled him into a quick hug, pulling away and grinning at him.

'where to first?'

'i was gonna say we could go out to lunch, but it depends on what you wanna do.'

'should we just go to walmart and dollar tree and get some really cheap food and eat it at the park or some shit?'

'i'm down.'

'okay but real quick before we go can you take a picture of my outfit because i like it today' she laughed, handing him her phone.

he nodded, grabbing it from her and she stood in front of the white wall of his apartment.

after he took the pictures, she thanked him and they went out to jakes car.

jake drove them to dollar tree, and they went inside, james sat inside the cart.

they went around dollar tree, james wanting to buy everything just because it was all a dollar.

she ended up getting a baseball bat after jake said she could only get one thing. they decided not to get dollar tree food because james claimed it would be 'yucky'.

they went to walmart and bought lunch, going to eat it at the park even though it was now half past 4.

'okay but if you were a frog, would you like be one of the really chubby ones that just sits on a lilypad or would you be skinny from like swimming and shit.'

'jay, what the fuck.'

'what? it's a serious question! also, how do the big ones not sink the lily pads? like how can a flimsy leaf hold a whole ass frog?'

jake burst out laughing, causing james to do so. after they'd calmed down they finished their lunch and talked for ages.

james looked down at her phone, gasping at the time.