Chapter 4: Enter Zatanna

Zatanna Zatara was currently feeling lonely. It had been three months since Klarion had split the earth in two with kids and adults inhabiting different ones. Becuase of this, her father made a deal with Doctor Fate in order to spare her life. Before he'd given his word to the Lord of Order, he'd asked if he could have control over his body occasionally so that he could still be in his daughter's life.

Surprisingly, Nabu agreed but told Zatara that the helmet would have to stay on in case there was a magical threat and Doctor Fate was needed. So instead of going on today's mission with her friends/ teammates, Zatanna was spending time with her dad examining the strange staff the team had found during their last mission. Or at least they had been until, Doctor Fate had been called in on official League business.

Now she was by herself in the lounge reading one of her fathers books on magical artifacts, waiting for her teammates to return. Robin had texted her about an hour ago saying they were on their way back and that they found something more important than the staff. She had texted back asking what it was, but he never responded. "Weren't you and Zatara were researching that staff?" Zatanna almost fell off the couch not expecting Batman to walk by.

"Constantine called him in to help with some magical shape shifter. Apparently it keeps escaping his traps."

Batman just nodded and started walking towards the mission room. "The rest of the team should be here soon. Go prep the med bay."

Zatanna wasted no time in doing what Batman said and quickly rushed to the med bay. "I hope everyone's okay." Just as Zatanna finished getting all the supplies she thought would be needed, Wally came zooming into the room carrying an unconscious boy who looked no older than Robin. Superboy was right behind them panting slightly.

"Do we have one of those things that shock people!?" Conner started tearing the room apart looking for a defibrillator.

Meanwhile Wally had started prepping the heart monitor and an iv bag. "Do you mean a defibrillator? Besides you said you couldn't hear his heartbeat, which means we have to act quickly." He started moving his hands together creating electricity. Before Wally had a chance to try and resuscitate the unknown boy, he disappeared.

Zatanna felt something strange before she felt a sudden cold rush through her. Glancing at the door, Zatanna saw a flicker of someone running through it. "Did you guys see what I did."

"You mean a person who we thought was dieing disappear and run out of the med bay." Wally said before groaning." Batman's gonna be so mad."

LINE BREAK

Danny had no idea where he was. He had been drifting in and out of consciousness trying to recover his energy. At some point his body decided to go into some kind of ghostly hibernation where his heart beat slowed down to the point where normal people would think it had stopped, but in reality it just wasn't beating very fast.

It didn't last very long. Danny knew he wasn't in the GIW facility anymore, but when his already tired body screamed to get away from the weirdly dressed boy with electricity, he figured Lex Luther had come for him sooner rather than later.

So here he was, running through an unknown location trying to not get caught, everything in him screaming to stop and rest. But he couldn't he had to escape, find out if his friends were ok.

Sam and Tucker hadn't been at the Nasty Burger so Danny knew that they were still alive. Or at least he hoped they were, there's no telling what happened to them in the last 3 years.

Danny stopped in a random room. He tried to catch his breath and could feel vile trying to make its way out, but the muzzle still attached to his face wouldn't allow it. Looking around he saw a swimming pool that looked like it lead outside. He was just about to head towards it when something tackled him from behind.

It felt like a giant paw print was stepping on his back keeping him in place. Danny tried getting out of the animals grip but that just made his body hurt worse. Soon there were footsteps and Danny heard someone walk closer than the others. "You can let go of him Wolf."

Danny tried moving again but his body wouldn't respond. "I guess I pushed myself to my limits."

"Zatanna can you get that muzzle off him."

A girl wearing a magician's outfit approached so Danny assumed this was Zatanna."elzzum eht esaeler" Danny felt the straps of the muzzle undo themselves before it fell off and he was able to spit out all the blood and vile still in his mouth.

When Danny was finally able to ignore the pain long enough to at least sit up, he noticed the girl was right in front of him looking at him with an emotion he couldn't read. Suddenly another girl with red hair and green skin flew up to him. "I can barely feel his emotions. It's like their locked in a faraway place. His mind also has some kind of barrier keeping me out."

Looking beyond the two girls, Danny saw other strangely dressed people, including electric boy. Danny let out a low growl, forgetting his throat was injured and started coughing, which was bad since that made his throat hurt more.

A tall man dressed in what Danny assumed was a bat costume started walking towards him. Danny tried scooting away from the man but the large animal Danny now knew was a wolf stopped him. His instincts were telling him to run, to fight through the pain and use the swimming pool to get outside, but something else was telling him not to. So instead of running away, Danny sat there and glared at the man who had sat down in front of him less than a foot away.