Chapter 15: Beach Party Crashers

A couple weeks had passed since the impromptu mission, along with what Danny liked to call the Young Blood incident and the team were all currently on spring break. The weather was surprisingly warm out so the team decided it was a nice day to go to the beach. They also considered it a good way for Danny to get some fresh air without taking him out in public.

Everyone, but Danny was getting ready. He was currently asleep on the couch wearing robin pajamas. During one of Danny's impromptu naps, the teen heroes decided they would each get the poor kid some clothes of his own. So when everyone had some free time they went to the malls in their respective cities and bought Danny some outfits along with pajamas with each of their symbols. Robin even showed him a website that made custom pajamas and was surprised when he made one very similar to his uniform, something else was familiar about it too. The only thing Danny had Megan translate was that they reminded him of an old friend.

Right now the team was debating on who was going to wake up the thirteen year old. Everyone knew he wasn't getting enough sleep, especially since Danny refused to sleep in his room. They had just decided to draw straws when Cujo ran by and headed straight for the sleeping boy. The small pup jumped into the air and landed hard on Danny's stomach, effectively waking him up and knocking the wind out of him.

Cujo jumped away before he could get in trouble. Looking around, Danny saw the team standing in the hallway, all wearing beach clothes. "We're going to the beach and you're coming with us." Zatanna cast a spell to change his pajamas into swim trunks and a t-shirt. Danny looked down at himself before grabbing his blanket and lying back down.

"Nope, none of that sir. You need fresh air, staying inside all the time isn't healthy." Dick took the blanket and Conner slung the shorter boy over his shoulder. Honestly, Danny didn't really care where they took him as long as he still got to sleep.

His emotions were finally getting manageable, but between the nightmares, flashbacks and being physically knocked out, Danny was exhausted. So if the others wanted him to go to the beach then he'd go, but he planned on sleeping the entire time.

At least that was the original plan. No one told the halfa it'd be so hot outside. Even though he was sitting under an umbrella, it felt like he was melting. The others tried getting him to come out and play, but Danny refused.

Danny was finally able to fall asleep after lying still staring up at the umbrella. Darkness was all around him. Someone was laughing menacingly and a scream could be heard in the distance. "I guess he was right. It was inevitable." The only thing Danny saw before waking up were a pair of glowing red eyes.

Right as Danny awoke, he was splashed with a bucket of water. Glaring around, wiping water off his face, he saw it was Megan and his eyes softened. She instantly set up a mind link. "Why'd you dump a bunch of water on me?"

"You looked very uncomfortable and your skin was very sweaty. Dumping water on you seemed like the best way to cool you down."

Danny sat up and used his intangibility to remove the rest of the water. Finally deciding to venture out from under the umbrella, he immediately glared in the direction of the sun. "Ugh, its bright."

Megan handed him a bottle of sunscreen," I think you're sensitive to the sun's radiation. Artemis said this should keep you from getting burned."

The younger teen graciously accepted the sunscreen and put a generous amount on his arms, legs and face. "Thanks, I think I still might get a sunburn though."