Chapter 7: Pandora's Goddaughter

It was supposed to be a normal trip to the Ghost Zone. At least that's what Maddie Fenton had hoped. Nothing's ever normal for the Fenton's. Pregnant at eight months and two weeks, she was ready to burst any day now.

Jack Fenton came bounding into the living room and started jumping up and down excitedly." Maddie I just finished the spectre speeder! We gotta go test it out in the Ghost Zone, it could be fun."

"Jack couldn't this wait until after the baby's born. The doctor said I can go into labor any day now and with this big belly i can hardly get around let alone fit into my favorite hazmat suit."

The large man looked crestfallen."Aww okay."

Maddie couldn't stand to see her husband so upset." We can test it out, but only for a couple hours. Then I want to go to bed and take a nap. You've called me down to the lab six times and I'm starting to resent stairs."

Jack instantly perked up," You're the best honey, let's go!" He started running down the basement stairs.

"Jack wait for me. I can't move as fast as I used to." Maddie waddled after her energetic as fast as her pregnancy allowed.

Three hours had passed since the scientists ventured into the Ghost Zone. So far the spectre speeder ran smoothly throughout the zone and even mapped out the areas they went. They stopped every now and then to get samples of the ectolife and foliage.

"JACK I THINK MY WATER JUST BROKE!"

Jack slammed down on the breaks and looked at his wife," Are you sure!?"

"I'M DEFINITELY SURE! CALL THE-" Something rammed into the side of the spectre speeder and it started plummeting out of the swirling green sky.

"Hang on honey, I'll try to aim for those bushes!" Jack pulled back on the steering wheel to help slow their descent.

The spectre speeder was going too fast to make a soft landing. Instead it went through several hedges before making a rough stop in front of what looked like a garden statue. By this time Maddie was starting to hyperventilate.

Jack struggled to get out of his seatbelt. "Are you okay Mads?!"

"I'm- I'm fine J-AHHHH!!!" Maddie clutched her stomach in pain.

Finally breaking free of his seatbelt Jack rushed over to his partner. He quickly unbuckled her and opened the doors to the spectre speeder.

Once outside Jack placed Maddie gently on the ground. Maddie let out another painful scream.

"̶̛̭̠͍̼̲̏̃̑͛̓̀̏̋̊͠W̵͙̒̒̄͊̾̈́̈̇̒͠͝͝H̷̯̫̯̱͙̣̬̪̉̄̃͋̏̈́̾͌̉ͅƠ̸̮̱̞̣͔̦̫͓͕̆̉̀͌̐͐̓̽́̚͝ ̷̧̡͖̣̩̘̪͎͐̏̉͛̏̈́̎̆̈̒̿͌̀͂͗Ḓ̸͓̜͓̬̗͙̣͙̥̿̍̂̇̿͐͊͘͝͝Ạ̵̡̢̛̺͍̝̙̯͉̌̌͐̅̾̉͂̈́͌̃̕͘͘ͅR̶̢͙̣͕̦̪̯̣͔̰̫̰͉͋͛͒̈́͋̐̒͛͜Ḙ̸̳̫͆̊̅̂̎̃̀̒̚̕͜͠ͅŞ̶͓̺̮̤̹̪͖̙̜́̐̌͌̀̈̊̓̂͘ ̷̨̨̪̼͍̪̰͈̊̓̆̏̌̈́T̸͖̦̈́͒̄̏͋̏͝O̸̢̡̧̳̟̰̳͍͆̾̃̌̀̎̏̌̀́̄̈́̇̄ ̴̰̟͉̻̥̘͎̹̻̫͐̍͂̊͋̾̆͛̊͆̂̃̃͗̕ͅS̵̨̖̞͉͉̪͕͋̊̇̉̅͒̔̽͗̂̋͊̾̈́̕Ç̸̔̒̾̏͂͐̿̎̄͑̃̍̚͝͝R̸̝̘͍̫͌͒̎̿̊̈́̈́̈̃̑̚̚Ě̶̡̛̫̬͈͍̗́̓̈́ͅA̴̧̡̝̘̞̙̳̪̼̻̭͋M̴̪͓͖̥̣̊͘ ̵̧̡̣̪͓̯̻̥̓̆͗͐̒Į̴̡͚̙̳̪̪̣͍̟̺͙̅̔N̴̪̰̰̦̠̳͕͒̍͛ ̴̤̿̃͆͐̈́́̀̈́̃̉́̚͠T̶̹̂̏͆̀̄̏̚H̷̫̙͔̯̜͎̪̃͑̓̓̓͌͛̑̀Ę̷̤͉̼̳̬͉̘̞̝͕̦̹̍̄̇̇̅͂̔̒͘ ̶̡̥̰̘͎̃̀̍͋͂̆̋̊͛̑̈͝͝G̴̛͚͎̲̺̣̰̠̺̙̼͓̮̮͕̈̂̇͒̂͗̑͐̊͛̈̚͜Ą̵̳̞̝̝̥̩̯̲̘̰̻͉̫͐͋̽̀̏́͂̆R̴͈̾̋͂͋͗̊͘D̴͙̻̤̩͑̄͊E̶̜̜͕̪̹̱̓̋̈́̇͑̆͑̀̋̏͊̕͘ͅN̵̳̩̗̮͔̦̯͕͇̍̾͐͗͂͌̈́͋͊̆̐̔ ̸̨̨̨͔̩̯͍͓̥͎̹̩̜͝Ȍ̵͎̮̫̜́͆͜F̸͎̠͈͓̰̖̬̝̹̠̪̹͒̋ͅ ̴̛̮̝̈́͑̑̃̌͊͆̾̌̐̒͋͑͝P̵̢̝̪̥͔͚̩͇͎̭̤̣̌̓̀͆̌̌͒͊͂̾͘A̸̳̰̝̎͛͊͌̅̔̾́͊̏̍̓̿̌N̶̢̢̻̣͍̭̺̳̫͇͒̌́̕͜ͅͅD̶̢̢̜̮͎̖͍̥͇̩̺͙̻͊̀̈́̂͒͘ͅO̸͔̠̤̊̔̊̃̈́̐̊̋̒̔̚Ȓ̷̘͖͙̦̒̀̀̾͊̾̇̑͊̄͘̚͠A̷̧̾͐͌̋͗̆̋̃͋̿̚͘̕͠!̸̨̛̻͚̝́̿͌̆"̵̹͚͙̊̅̈́̚