Chapter 16: King Tucker vs King Tut Pt.1

The students of Gotham Academy were currently on a bus. Everyone was in their own little groups chatting loudly. A very familiar snobbish student was complaining to her friends somewhere towards the back of the bus away from teacher's ears.

Abigail Carson turned to her best friend and longtime crush, Casey Blair. "I can't believe we're going to some crummy old museum. Why can't school field trips be to a mall for once?"

"I think there's a mall right beside the museum we're going to, Abby."

Abigail huffed in annoyance. "But we're headed to East Gotham! East, its the poor side of town."

Casey frowned a little. "You do remember I'm originally from East Gotham?"

"I remember and now you're in North Gotham with me and Cherry." Abigail turns to her other friend. "CHERRY WAKE UP!"

The third girl was fast asleep, face pressed against the bus window. "Let her sleep Abby. Her mom had triplets a couple weeks ago."

''Fine, I might take a short nap as well."

Elsewhere at the very back of the bus, a certain goth and geek duo were discussing Amity Park. "I heard from Wes that Dash and his family might be moving out of Amity Park."

"I'm pretty sure Dash was in Gotham a couple days ago. He posted a picture of him and some woman eating ice-cream and the parlor was Gotham's Creamery." Tucker started scrolling on his PDA. "See."

Sam squinted at the small screen. "Has your PDA always been this small, I can't tell who that is."

"No this is my backup. My regular one got waterlogged when you had us try and free those penguins that The Penguin had shipped from who knows where."

"Every time The Penguin goes on a crime spree he decides to either steal them from all the zoos and puts weapons on them! I was going to use Vlad's private jets to get them back to their real homes! Is that a crime?"

Tucker sent the goth girl a deadpan look. "Yes, it is. Your lucky the zoo owner was lenient. Vlad had to pay for whatever damages had been caused and he also had to make an apology donation."

"It's not the first one he's had to do. Remember when we were in second grade and Danny ran away from home to try and escape school picture day? He ended up traveling with a circus for three days before Vlad got to him and forced him to get his picture taken."

"That's not the same thing. You almost got arrested."

Sam rolled her eyes. "But I wasn't, and I don't plan on it happening."

Tucker's eyes narrowed. He spoke in a much quieter voice. "According to police files and news reports that I should've known about sooner, Harley Quinn broke out of Arkham and spent a majority of the day with a young blonde boy wearing a letterman jacket."

"That's definitely Dash, but why did he come to Gotham to hang out with Harley?"

"Who knows... maybe they're related. I'll run a background check later."

The bus finally stopped at its destination. The teachers got everyone's attention and started putting the students in small groups. Dick, Sam and Tucker all ended up grouped together. The teachers handed out worksheets. "Please make sure these get filled out because they will be graded. Each group has a different set of questions about the museum, so I'll know if you try to cheat." The teacher stared down Abigail's group.

"What..." Said girl was being her snarky self and looking around the museum lobby.

The teacher whispered to one of her peers. "Keep an eye on Miss Carson. She might try to ditch the field trip."

"On it."

A couple hours into the field trip and hardly anyone got in trouble. Not yet anyway.

Dick, Sam and Tucker were currently looking at a map of the museum, trying to figure out where the exhibit for their last set of questions were. They finally found the exhibit they needed. "Why is it in the basement of all places! Basements are always the creepiest part of any building!" Tucker was slowly starting to hyperventilate.

Sam slapped her friend. "Tuck calm down. We used to hang out in my basement all the time."

"First of all... OWWW! You didn't need to slap me. Second of all... Your basement was a literal movie theatre. The creepiest place at your house was your bedroom."

Dick watched the other teens squabble. "We only have three questions left, Tucker. After those are done we still have two hours before we have to head back to school so we can do whatever. You just have to go into a potentially creepy basement."

Tucker frowned before sighing. "Fine... but I'm complaining the entire time."

After a short walk down the stairs, the trio started looking around the exhibit. "It looks like this place is mostly used for storage."

Sam wiped her finger on a nearby display case. A heavy layer of dust ended up on it. "You've got that right."

Dick called out to the others. "Guys, you have to come see this! It looks just like Tucker!"

It took a moment to figure out where Dick was. "What looks just like me?"

"This." Dick pointed to a portrait of Pharoah Duulaman. The last couple of questions had been about him. "He looks exactly like Tucker, right."

Finally getting to where the younger boy was, Tucker stopped in his tracks. "That is one handsome looking king. Maybe we're related."

Sam finally emerged from some nearby crates holding a mirror. "I highly doubt that, Tuck. Check out this mirror I found. I think its actually supposed to go with that scepter beside the portrait." She put the small mirror on a tiny pedestal that was beside the scepter. Words appeared on the mirror, but it was in Egyptian so she had no idea what it said. "A bunch of hieroglyphs appeared in the mirror."

Tucker shoved his friend out of the way. "Really, let me see." As soon as techno geek looked into the mirror, it glowed a vibrant green and he blacked out.

"TUCKER!"

Several hours later and late into the Gotham night, a young vigilante breaks into the museum unaware of an Egyptian themed criminal doing the same thing.