01- in which a boy hates his "caretaker"

Tommy had decided he hated the man who adopted him many years ago. He didn't always hate him, in fact, he may have even loved or liked him at some point in time.       

The man who adopted Tommy was named Dream. A very fucking weird name for an awful man if you asked him. He knew this was not his real name, (who would even think of naming their child Dream anyways?) for that was not what the social workers called him.    

The social workers had called him 'Clay'. (Which was just as bad of a name in Tommy's wise opinion) In the beginning, Clay or Dream was a very nice and caring person. That was, until around 3 months after he'd adopted Tommy. That was when things began to sour.     

It started with the questions. Tommy was an inherently curious kid, which made him ask questions about many things. This made Dream annoyed, so much so that the first rule was made: no asking questions. Not even simple questions like; "When will dinner be ready?"       

Then came rule number two. No speaking unless spoken to. As an eight year old, Tommy liked to talk. A lot. He was loud and obnoxious according to Dream, so then came the rule which made Tommy talk much less than usual.        

Rule number three was caused by Tommy being so upset by Dream throwing his stuffed spider named Shroud away (as punishment for breaking rule number one) that he cried. Rule number three: no crying, because boys don't cry.   

Rule number four; no calling Clay by his name, only by Dream. This rule cane about when Dream (the fuckhead he is) decided Tommy was below calling Dream by his actual name.   

Now rule number five; no cursing. Tommy had the mouth of a sailor, and Dream did not like this for whatever reason.     

The most important rule, according to Dream: number six. No talking to anyone about what happens in their house. What happens in the house stays there.      

This rule six stems from the punishments for breaking the rules. The punishments weren't too bad at the start, the standard of taking things away or scolding. But then it got worse. Scolding and taking things away turned into throwing things away, which turned into locking Tommy in his room for hours at a time, then days, which then turned into beatings and other sorts of abusive behavior and neglectful behavior.     

Dream couldn't have Tommy telling anyone about what he was doing, it would surely end up with Dream in jail and Tommy whisked away to yet another home.       

This was when Tommy, at the age of eight, decided he hated Dream and he hated their house and everything about them.     

---------
476 words
A/N: Hello! Lav here,
Ive just finished chapter one as of now. I hope you enjoyed it so far, the Coraline stuff and sbi stuff is set to start in chapter 03 or 04

Chapter 02 has been started :)