02- In which Tommy's sleep is interupted by the caretaker he hates

Tommy woke up to the sound of the lock of his door unlatching and the door opening. The lock was one that could be locked and unlocked from the outside. Dream used this to lock Tommy in his room for extended amounts of time. Tommy knew this sound as it was familiar, he'd heard it oh so many times before and would know the sound in his sleep. Hence why he woke up. He wasn't a light sleeper before staying with Dream but conditioned himself to be one after living with Dream for so long.

             Dream had locked Tommy in his room two days ago. He hadn't eaten since then, and Tommy had assumed he would be locked in his room for another two days before Dream let him out. He didn't feel hungry yet, that usually started in the middle of the third day. Today in other words.

           Tommy sat up in his bed (it was an old sleeping bad and a couple of thin old blankets and a pillow) when Dream stopped at his bed. He glanced up at Dream, seeing the usual porcelain mask resting on his face with the dreadful smile painted on it. He waited for Dream to speak.

          Finally, after a few moments, Dream spoke; "Hello Thomathy. We'll be moving tomorrow, Pink Palace Apartments, take whatever you have down the stairs tomorrow to the car."

          Tommy stayed quiet for a little while, not looking up at dream. He thought that the name "Pink Palace Apartments" was fucking stupid. Just another place for him to hate as much as he hates Dream and the rules. How he wished that he could tell Dream to suck it and go be homeless instead. He couldn't say it of course, that would result in a beating.

             So, he instead uttered a "ok, Dream."  
         With that, Dream turned on his heel and walked out of Tommy's room but not before slamming the door behind him.

            Tommy flinches at the loud noise, before getting up and putting his sleeping bag bed in the corner of his room. (If you could even call it that, it was the size of a closet)

            He then stood, in the middle of his closet wondering what to do. It was cold. Tommy was wearing an old shirt with some tan shorts in the month of November, so it was no surprise he was cold. Dream refused to put the heat on in the upstairs, supposedly to save money, but Tommy knew it was to torment him more than he already did. So most of the time it was cold upstairs where Tommy's room is but warm downstairs where Dream's room is.

       Dream hadn't given permission to go downstairs yet, but he hadn't locked the door either. That was the same thing as permission to go downstairs, wasn't it?

             He didn't want to stand in his cold room all day so he opened the door as quietly as he could manage and poked his head out of the door. Dream wasn't in the hallway which was a good sign.

Taking a step into the hall, he had a good view of the kitchen downstairs. Dream wasn't there either. So where had he gone?

Tommy knew Dream sometimes went out to get food and for various other reasons. Many times without warning Tommy he would be gone. But he didn't hear the main door of the house open or close from his room.

He thought it over. Would Dream be mad if he went downstairs now? Possibly. But as far as Tommy was aware, one of the rules were not: "Do not go downstairs if you do not hear me down there" So he carefully went down the stairs.

Tommy cringed when the second to last stair creaked, and jumped off it and onto the floor of the kitchen. The kitchen was ugly as shit with green tiles and light brown cabinets which had locks on them so that Tommy couldn't open them. He used to wonder what was in the locked cabinets before he saw Dream open one, discovering all that was in them was food and other things that belong in a kitchen.

         There was also a backdoor in the kitchen. Tommy has thought of running away using it many times, but it has a code on it. One Tommy does not know.

The floor was the sort of cliche tile everyone thought belonged in a kitchen. Which made the room even more of an eyesore to Tommy.

          He glanced at the oven to see that the time was two o'clock in the afternoon. Tommy always slept late, he could never fall asleep easily and was always up until the sun began to rise.  He would only fall asleep when he could not keep his eyes open any longer and was exhausted.

           Turning to the living room, he sees Dream sitting on the couch. Looking at Tommy with his head tilted. Tommy immediately moved his eyes from Dream and instead looked around the living room.

        The living room was another small room, that has beige carpet and dark green walls. The paint was chipping and the carpet had stains on it. Most being blood stains from Tommy. The couch was leather and falling apart, holes in it and leather being completely missing on some parts of it. The room looked like you let a lion in the room and told it to, "go fucking wild!"

           Yet another shitty eyesore room. Tommy hoped Dream never became a interior designer because he would absolutely dogshit at it.

          He was dragged away from his thoughts by Dream speaking to him, "Thomathy, I'll be going shopping now. The movers will be here tomorrow to pick up some of my furniture, and you need to look presentable. So I'll be buying you some new clothes. And remember rule six tomorrow. Alright, Tomathy?"

           "Ok, Dream." was all Tommy said in response. Once Tommy said that, Dream pushed past him towards the back door in the kitchen. He heard the quiet beeping noises of the numbers Dream was putting into it before a louder beep was heard. Dream then opened the door and closed it.

           Tommy let out a breath, turned and went back upstairs. Dream said he 'had to look presentable'. So he would take a bath.

          Tommy walked into the bathroom (once again green and white tiled) and turned the water onto the hottest setting, before turning to the mirror in the bathroom.

         His hair was a bird's nest. The once neat blond hair was tangled and knotted and just looked like shit. His eyes were blue and looked dull, under then were dark eye-bags that were presumably from the nights he didn't sleep or got little sleep. He frowned. He didn't like looking at his reflection, so he turned away from it and turned the bath water off.

          He then stripped and got into the bath.
________

Tommy has fallen asleep in the bathtub, because when he woke up the water was cold and his hands were pruned beyond belief, and it was dark outside.

         He quickly stood up, drained the tub, and got dressed again. He brushed his hair and opened the bathroom door. He looked down the see that there was a bag on the floor. On it, was a note: "Put these on tomorrow Thomathy. :)"

          The clothes that Dream bought him. Tommy picked the bag up and brought it to his room. He didn't feel very tired but decided to lay in his bed anyways. So he got it from the corner he put it in and set it up before laying down in it. He felt cold again, but it was a familiar feeling.

          And in the dead of night, laying on his sleeping bag bed, Tommy wished. He wished that he would be whisked away to another world. A world where he had a loving family with wonderful parent or parents and siblings he could laugh and joke with. Maybe even with a best friend or two.

     Outside, a shooting star flies across the sky.

-----------------
1376 words
A/N Hello! Lav here,
Chapter 02 is now finished. Ive decided that sbi will be introduced in chapter 04.
Chapter 03 has been started, it will most likely be posted midnight today or tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day! :D