10- In which Tommy runs.

Today was Tommy's birthday. The first he's looked forward to in years. Wilbur, Phil and Techno said to come home that night so that they could celebrate together. It would be Tommy's first birthday celebration in a very long time.

            When he woke up, his excitement was at an all time high. He woke up late of course, he was at home for a long time last night.

           In his excitement, he jumped out of bed and got dressed into the one pair of nice clothes he had. Afterwards, he went down the hall and into the kitchen. Where a piece of toast was waiting on the counter from Dream.

           Tommy picked it up and began to eat, that was when he spotted the note.

        It read; "Once you finish come outside. I have a gift for you :)" Tommy let a small smile come on his face, Dream hadn't gotten him a gift in years.

Once he finished, he went out the front door and looked around for Dream, seeing him standing in the middle of the field next to the pink palace.

        He wasn't facing Tommy, he was instead looking off into the distance. Tommy found this a little weird but went up to Dream anyways.

         Once Tommy was a little ways away from Dream, a few steps at most, Dream began to talk.

         "You know Tomathy, when I adopted you I actually wanted you to be a brother to me? But I got bored, and you were so... annoying." He laughed before continuing; "Now you've become a bit less annoying but just as much of an expense. You're costing me too much. So, we cone to the topic of your gift."

          Dream turned to face Tommy, and immediately, Tommy tensed up. Dream was holding an axe.

          "The gift of death."

          With that, Dream lunged at him with the axe held up high toward Tommy's head. Tommy jumped back, turned and ran. Distantly, he felt a sharp pain in his arm, but the adrenaline was coursing through his veins and quite frankly, he didn't care.

           He could hear Dream going after him, but Tommy was fast. He ran straight up the porch and swung the front door open, slamming it behind him and locked it.

           A few seconds later, there was a slam on the door. Tommy jumped when Dream began shouting at him. "Tomathy! Open the fucking door!"

           He was shaking, and his arm had a long scratch going down it. Probably from the axe Dream swung at him.

          What could he do? Where could he go.? It wasn't smart to hide. Tommy ran through the things he could do when there was another slam on the door.

          Not from Dreams hands or body, but the axe. Dream was breaking to door down. Tommy didn't have much time. Not much time at all.

          He ran his eyes along the kitchen and then the hall, then his room. His room... the key. Tommy glanced back at the door and back at the hall before sprinting down the hall and into his room. He dropped to his knees and snatched the key from under his bed, then scrambled up and back down the hall.

          The door was making creaking noises now. He had a minute at most. With that in mind, he raced to the living room and shoved the armchair out of the way, not even flinching when it fell over.

         He dropped back onto his knees and raised his shaking hands up with the key to the keyhole. He shoved the key in and turned it.

         The sound of wood breaking and a door unlocking made Tommy throw the tiny door open, and start crawling through it.

          He went as fast as he could, pushing himself to go even faster when he heard Dream coming into the tunnel behind him.

            He threw the door to the library open and crawled straight into the room. He scooted himself back on the floor and looked into the tunnel. Dream was a few feet away. Tommy slammed the door shut with his foot, and felt around for the key, so he could lock the bastard in there. It wasn't there.

             He glanced behind him, and to his horror, Techno wasn't in the room.

              He pushed himself up and off the floor, rushing across the room and to the door. He nearly collapsed with fear when he heard the little door slam open. He yanked the libraries door open and tried to take a step forward, but got pulled back.

               Dream had grabbed the back of his shirt, and threw him to the ground. He then raised the axe and brought it down. Tommy threw himself out of the way and onto his stomach before beginning to shout, "Phil!! Wilbur!! Techno!?"

               Dream was quick to silence him, jumping on top of Tommy and shoving his head into the floor. Tommy winced when his newly healed broken nose hit the ground. He could already feel the blood coming out of it.

             Dream stood up and rested his foot on Tommy's head to keep him down, before raising the axe once again. Tommy closed his eyes and waited.

           Suddenly, the weight was taken off his head and the sound of someone hitting the bookshelves was heard. Along with the sound of multiple books hitting the ground. Tommy brought himself up and scooted back.

           Techno and Wilbur were in the room now, Techno had shoved Dream off of Tommy and into one of the bookshelves. Techno then threw Dream down onto the floor, and stood on his back.

            Techno grabbed the axe Dream dropped, raised it above his head, and brought it down. Straight onto Dream's head. There was a sickening thump sound, then nothing. It was quiet.

            Wilbur then dropped down in front of Tommy and grabbed his shoulders. He seemed to glance around Tommy, checking if he was hurt in any fatal ways, before bringing him into a hug.

             "You're alright Toms. He cant hurt you anymore. Never again." He whispered. That was when Tommy began crying. The adrenaline had left his body now, and everything that had happened came down on him suddenly.

              "Its ok, just let it out." And let it out Tommy did. He cried until he couldn't, and he was so utterly exhausted that he fell asleep.

               But he was safe. That was all that mattered in that moment. That and his family, the family that had literally just killed for him. And if he was honest, he wouldn't have it any other way.

--------
Hello! Lav here,
Next chapter is the last one.
:)