The Spark

Walking into the Claw Bella looks around. Not seeing her best friend she shouts to the kitchen, "Ace, is Nancy here yet?"

He responds, "Nope".

George looks at Bella frustrated, "You know I'm right here right. I could've told you that." Bella blushes a little and George just smirks and rolls her eyes knowing that Bella would do anything to talk to Ace. Everyone knew she had a crush on Ace, except for Ace himself.

Getting back to reality Bella made up an excuse for Nancy. "Oh, I forgot. I asked her to get me coffee." Just then Nancy walks in.

"You're late Drew. Need I remind you this isn't high school anymore. I'm in charge." George reminds Nancy.

Ignoring her Nancy puts on her apron and goes to say hi to Bella. "Hey," She said with a smile.

Confused at Nancy's smile Bella replies, "You seem happy today." Then it clicks. "Oh My God!" She whisper shouts. "You were with Ned."

Smiling even harder now Nancy gushes, "Yeah. He's just; he's just someone that I want to get close to and get to know. You know how hard it was after my mom died and knowing him just makes me forget everything bad in the world when I'm with him."

Looking at Ace solemnly Bella turns back to Nancy and says, "I'm happy for you Nance. You deserve happiness."

Feeling bad for her friend Nancy expresses sadness for her. "Don't worry Bells. You'll find someone one day. Even if it's not Ace." The two girls hug for a moment before pulling apart and getting back to work.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Just as George closed the Claw, Ryan Hudson and three other men knocked on the door. Letting them in George had everyone start serving them. They let George know that Ryan's wife tiffany was outside and wanted a salad with dressing. For the rest of the time everyone went through the normal motions of any workday. After about a half hour the fireworks started and Nancy took Tiffany her food. 

"Can I get a glass of wine?" Tiffany asked interrupting her phone conversation. Nancy nodded and went back inside to get the glass for her. Grabbing the box from the back Nancy poured wine into the glass when it ran out after a little bit came out.

"Hey is this the last box?" Nancy questioned Ace.

Guilty Ace responded with "Oh, that's my bad. I got thirsty." Nancy just looked annoyed and wondered how her best friend could like a stoner like Ace. She walked outside with the almost empty cup and went to deliver it to Tiffany. 

Not seeing her Nancy called out her name, "Mrs. Hudson?" Seeing a hand Nancy investigated further thinking she might be imagining things. "Tiffany?" She said more wearily. Turning the corner of the car Nancy saw Tiffany, most people would've thought that she just fell but Nancy knew with the way that her eyes were open Tiffany Hudson was dead. She cried out as loud as she could "Help! Somebody, Help!" Everyone at the Claw ran outside to Nancy and saw that Tiffany was dead. Most of them gasped, others stayed silent with their eyes wide open. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

At the Police station everyone was questioned one by one all giving their recollections of what happened that night. Eventually everyone is sat in the lobby of the police station. The sheriff comes out and points out the fact that the death of Tiffany Hudson was looking like a murder and that someone or more than just one person in that group of people at the Claw that night was guilty. "From what I see any of you could've done it. We have an ex convict, a person who no one really knows, a person with an alcoholic mother, a person who hangs out with the wrong company, and Nancy Drew." The way he said Nancy Drew caught the attention of Ned.

"Why did he say your name like that?" Ned questioned the girl who hasn't defined their relationship yet. 

About to answer him the sheriff interrupts "Ms. Drew here tends to complicate my job."

George corrects him "You mean do it for you."

Ignoring the obvious sass the sheriff points out to the whole group, "Ace seems to be the only one who is innocent."

"Okay sheriff. Time to let us go, you know how much power I carry over you and your job. You know with my dad being your boss and all. Besides you can't hold me or my friends if you don't have probable cause, which I know you don't because everyone was exactly where they should be, unless you can prove otherwise." Bella said in a snarky tone that the sheriff di; d not appreciate.

"Your daddy may be the mayor but that doesn't mean you can get away with everything." She sheriff got closer to the girl looking down on the girl.

Getting closer to the sheriff almost stepping on his toes Bella responded even snarkier, "I know I can't get away with everything but what I can do is leave because you can't hold me here." Stepping back and starting to walk away Bella looks at the sheriff one last time and says, "Unlike you I'm not a jackass who abuses their power to get whatever they want." Looking at her friends she nods her head towards the door, everyone starts to follow her and they leave the building.