Last chance

Two days later the trial of Carson Drew was going to take place. As a last hail Mary, Nancy had gotten Lucy's case files to inspect. She walks downstairs to get a glass of water from the sink, suddenly she couldn't breath and started choking. She started to cough and felt something dangling from her throat, she started to pull at it and it made her gag even more. After about 30 seconds she pulled the whole thing out. Looking at what she pulled out from her mouth she started to worry, it was the wreath from the Aglaeca ritual. Hearing the doorbell ring Nancy quickly grabbed a cloth and wrapped the wreath then put it in a cupboard. she opened the door and saw it was Bella and Mason bringing her coffee. They chatted for a bit and then Nancy told them that she needed to wait for Lucy's files and that they should go to the Claw without her. So they went to meet up with everyone else.

At the Claw everyone besides Nancy met up with her forensic scientist friend John. "Where's Nancy?"

Bess rushes in with a tablet, "Right here." Nancy explains the plan to her friends and that she is going to look at the case files.

"Do you need any help Nance?"

"Thanks Bella but I got it, I need sometime to think anyway."

"Okay, just call if you need anything." Nancy hangs up and the crew explains to John that he will need to study the bones at the Claw and that the bones had not been sanitized. Bella walks up to John when he's alone, "Have you gotten the DNA evidence results from your friend yet?"

"No but I will let you know as soon as I get the results and tell Nancy."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

*At the Drew residence

Nancy is looking through the boxes of Lucy's case files while remembering everything that happened in the two weeks that her dad had been in jail, she finds nothing and gives up on the files Nancy starts to talk to Lucy, "A little help Lucy? No, nothing? No cryptic message. I am trying to solve your murder!" Nancy leans her head back and takes a deep sigh, suddenly all of the files fly in the air and it startles Nancy. Turning around Nancy sees dead Lucy behind her pointing at a closet, the door opens and Nancy looks inside. She walks into the closet, "Okay, Lucy what?" Noticing that there was a piece of paper out of place Nancy grabs it and looks at it, "The knife from Lucy's crime scene." Seeing a box Nancy moved the stuff on top of it to the side and looks inside, she noticed it was a knife set that her father had mentioned to her before he was arrested, but the strange thing was that there was a knife missing.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Nancy joins everyone back at the Claw and talks to John, she tells him that she sent a lock of her hair to be tested against the unknown piece of DNA evidence in Lucy's file to see if it was a mother daughter match.

Hearing the whole conversation Bess looked at Nancy shocked, "Wait you think your mom killed Lucy?"

Ace chimes in, "If your dad is covering for her that would explain some of his behavior."

Nancy protests her dad's innocence, "Just ruling out any possibilities. He had no motive, the only thing that makes sense is that Ryan killed Lucy, Everett found out and then called my dad to clean it up."

Bess pulls Nancy aside, "Listen, you don't seem so sure, you know maybe you should rest. You got home late, well early, and you sounded pretty sick."

"Probably just stress."

"Maybe it's a bug. I tried to contact Owen today but he didn't answer, he said that he was going to be out of town so maybe he's got the bug to..." Something clicked in Bess's head.

"Owen's fine, he's just tired."

"Hah. You got in this morning and you know the reason why Owen is tired." Bess jumps up and down in joy, "You slept with my cousin!"

Nancy smiles a little and then notices Nick and George behind the counter, "Nick I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for you to find out like that."

"No, it's fine."

Nancy breaks the awkwardness and makes an excuse to leave. After Nancy left the police went to the Claw to investigate and she went to talk to Ryan. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

At the Drew residence Nancy and Ryan are talking about Lucy's murder, He explains that the night that she had died he came back to Horseshoe Bay but left after he had heard Lucy was murdered. Nancy explained that Everett must have read Ryan's emails to Lucy and met her at their spot, the Bluffs, Ryan then explained that the bluffs weren't their spot but an Ice cream parlor was.

At the ice cream parlor both Nancy and Ryan questioned the woman at the counter. She had explained that Lucy had come in and was wearing her Sea Queen dress outfit and had a pink backpack with her, she also explained that Lucy looked like 'she hadn't won anything' and she was writing in her journal waiting for someone.

Ryan- "How long did she wait?"

Worker- "Long enough for her ice cream to melt. Eventually she left, that's when I noticed a town car was following her. It had this eagle ornament."

Ryan- "That's my dad's car."

Ryan and Nancy go to confront Everett and question him. He explained that he ruined Lucy and Ryan's relationship because he was 'Wasting his life on a nothing girl'. After talking to Everett they went to visit Karen to question her because that is who Everett said saw Lucy alive last. Talking to Karen made Nancy realize that she needed to check the old Sable house. Before she did that she wanted to bring back up so she called Bella.

"Bella, I just had a break in the case, meet me at the old Sable house."

"Okay, I'll meet you there in 10." Bella turns to the leading detective and says in a snarky tone, "Sorry detective but your harassment towards me is going have to wait as I have something going on and need to leave." Bella turns to Mason, "Come on babe, let's go." She grabs his hand and walks out of the building. On the car ride there Bella explains to Mason what is going on and where they are going. Once they get there Bella can hear things flying around and Nancy yelling, using her telekinesis Bella knocks down the door and runs inside. She sees dead Lucy in the corner of the ceiling, "Holy shit!"

Mason looks at where Bella is looking, "What is it?"

"It's dead Lucy, Nancy! We need to get out of here."

"Not until I find that evidence!" Eventually the four make it through to the next room and Nancy sees some peeling wallpaper, she grabs it and reveals the rhyme that kids had come up with for Lucy's death. Seeing a hole in the wall Nancy assumes that is where the journal must be, as she was about to stick her hand in it Bella stopped her.

"Wait! Don't do that, something might grab you or scratch you. Stand back." Bella focuses and concentrates and uses her power to take the journal out of the wall. Nancy looks though it and sees photos of Lucy and Ryan together along with a bunch of notes.

After reading Nancy's face turns to a state of realization, "I think I know why Lucy never wanted us to find this. We gotta go."