Chapter 5

Kai's P.O.V

"I have seen you before in this small café I know" Sienna asked and I tense a little, I hope she didn't notice it.

"Most probably, I go to a lot of Café around here" I said hopefully convincing her.

"Might be" she replied but was still a little skeptical.

I wanted to change the topic, so asked her about her day which she said it good so far.

We spoke for few minutes about random topic.

"I'm Actually deaf" she blurted. I wasn't expecting her to just say that so I was genuinely shocked. But I know she was differently abled the moment she mentioned it to the waiter in the café. But if I say I already knew this, she will know that I have seen her previously.

"It's alright" I said her reassuringly. I can she was a little relaxed now. I think she was stressing that I might react differently. But I understand and I don't might and I wanted her to know I was fine with this.

Sienna' P.O.V

We spoke for close to 15 mins and I couldn't hide anything from Kai, so I blurted that I was deaf. he seemed a little shocked but his expression recovered fast. He reassured it was alright, I felt a little better and relaxed.

Most of the time people get embarrassed for me or they pity me and don't know how to proceed further in the conversation. But I didn't feel that with Kai, he was easy to talk to and in some sense, I felt he understood me for me and that's rare quality in some people.

I felt my mobile vibrated with a new message, it was from Amana saying she won't be making it to meet me due to some situation she couldn't avoid. How lovely.

Kai noticed me looking at my phone.

"Don't think I'm prying, but do you have to go now?" he asked.

"No, but my friend couldn't make it here." I said.

"Why don't we grab a cup of coffee, this weather is also asking for a cup of coffee? he said.

I should have said no when he asked me, because who goings out with a total stranger? uh um, I do, I agreed to go out with him because I felt comfortable.

After reaching a coffee shop near the Park, we both ordered cappuccino and sat in a conformable silence.

"Can I ask you a question?" Kai asked and I agreed to answer his question.

"I might be ignorant, but how can you speak so well?" he asked.

" I was not born deaf, due to an accident when I was 7 years old was the reason I lost my hearing power. I don't speak often but sometime the situation requires me to speak" I answered his question.

"You have such positive outlook to life" he said.

"I might sound old fashioned, but 'you only live once' why should we be thinking negative thinks when you can be positive and you manifest positive things in life.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

AN~

Hi Guys,

Thank you for reading this book, hope your enjoying this story so far!! 💖

Please ignore any grammatical errors as I'm not proof reading the book. And please give this story a Vote and comment your thoughts about the story it's really Appreciated!! 😍

~Aishwarya💕