Chapter 1

I jolted up from my sleep as someone was shaking me frantically. I opened my eyes to meet my mom.

"Wake up, you're getting late for school" she said and walked out. I turned to check the clock and it was 6:45 AM.

I took a shower and wore my school uniform. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and I was ready for my school.

What manners​ do I have, I didn't tell you about myself. I'm Sienna Evans. My father is Robert Evans and my mother is Isabelle Evans. I have an elder brother Shane Evans who is now in university.

I go to one of the finest schools because of my dad. He is a famous personality, he owns the biggest Diamond Company in California. I'm not so famous as my dad in life nor in school.

I hate school, and come on every student hates them in some way or the other.

There are people, who bully me in school. Most of the people hate me because I can't hear. My parents hate me because of my disability. They want dignity and respect, but I'm just a shame and a worthless girl. When I turn 18, they will just let me go on my own.

People tease me, insult me and some even pity me. I have seen different kind of people. Sometimes it's better to stay deaf because you are free from hearing all the hurtful words spoken about others or even about you.

I don't speak much, when I can't hear my own voice it's no use in talking, so I don't talk to anyone other than Amana Ellis my best friend.

My only world is books, I love books. They are a part of my life. It's just like living thousands of life along with the character of the books. Sometimes I really wish to hear, just to experience the same feeling that the character is going through. I want to hear the birds chirping, wind blowing, and rain pattering on the window, music, and even watch a movie. I want to hear every single sound in the world, but I can't.

I was not born deaf, when I was around 7 years I met with an accident which caused me to lose my hearing, the silence has grown on me. Being Deaf has been really helpful in differentiating the real people and fake people around you.

I went downstairs to get my breakfast and head to school. My mom was in the dining room. We are rich but I don't like fancy expensive things, it's better to express things when your simple.

"Good morning Mom" I signed to my mom.

"Good morning Sienna" she replied.

I quickly prepared a toast for myself, even though we have a cook at home I prefer preparing my own breakfast. I don't like depending on others and I grew up to be more independent and it is easier.

After my breakfast I started walking to school, I was half an hour before the actual start of the school. I have a spot in school that is the only place where I get a little bit of peace, I always sit under a tree behind my school, that's my safe haven.

I took a book, always books make an impact more than anything in this world to me and pretty soon my best friend made her way towards me.

"Hi Enna, reading again?" she said. What can I say about Amana, she is one of a kind, always supportive. she has been my friend since Kindergarten.

"Yes, my only peace" I said. We spend some time under the tree till the school starts.

The day goes by fast but constantly being teased. That's okay as it's a part of my normal life in school. One thing good about school is that I have most of my classes with Amana, which is very helpful. She stands by me all the time. And this is my final year in school and I had only few days to finish it so I'm grateful for it.

In a blink of an eye the school ended. I walked back home and did the usual thing that is reading more books.

That's usually how my everyday life is. My parents don't stick around for long, they are mostly travelling on business trips. And I'm on my own, but I never complaint because that's what I always want anyways, to be alone.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

Authors Note:

Hi Guys,

Here is the first chapter of my book, I have a good feeling about this book and the storyline. Please give this a vote & comment! 💕 I'd love to know what are your thoughts on this story so far! 😍

~ Aishwarya 💕