6

"Are we friends?" Sunghoon asked once Yunjin had left, and before they entered the practice room.

Confused, Bomi nod her head. "I mean, yeah. Why?"

"Because I didn't know how to introduce you back there."

Oh. Bomi thought that Sunghoon wasn't speaking because he was embarassed to be seen with her. Or scared that he had been caught with another girl. Or anxious because he had lied about the tour and snuck Bomi in the building illegally.

To know he was just confused about their relationship was relieving.

"Ok, so, they might be like...mental. But they're nice, so don't worry." Was the only warning she got before being pushed into a room filled with six other boys. Immedietly, everyone's heads turned to the girl.

"Um, are you lost?" Jay asked

"Babyghorl" Niki added jokingly, earning a snicker from Jake.

"Why do you know about that joke?" Jake whispered, except they were really loud. Niki shrugged.

"She must be Sunghoons friend." Sunoo spoke. "He must be hiding behind her."

Sunoo was right. Sunghoon came out from behind Bomi and smiled at all his friends. "Guys, this is Bomi. Say hello."

Everyone politely said hello and then went back to doing their own thing.

Jungwon walked over and greeted Bomi personally. "Our manager told me about you, do you have any aspirations to work here?"

"Not really, no."

Jungwon nod his head carefully. "I hope this experince makes you firmer in your decision. And I hope Sunghoon treats you well. He can be a handfull."

Bomi laughed and nod her head. "I know right? How is he even real."

It seems as though Bomi had met a like-minded person. Because she ended up spending most of the day with Jungwon as he lead the team and explained certain concepts and activities to Bomi.

Sunghoon returned to Jake and Niki, occasionally shooting Bomi a look and checking in to see if she were ok.

They spent the day going through exercises, practicing their past dances and going over mistakes they had made previously.

"Since it's out first day back, today is a chill reflection day." Jungwon explained at lunch.

Everyone currently sat on the floor in the room eating sandwhiches from a nearby cafe.

The manager had dropped in earlier to check on the team, as well as Bomi, to see if she were enjoying her experience so far.

Sunghoon squeezed in besides Bomi and Jungwon and started to eat. His weird and out of character action caused the whole team to look at him weirdly

"He's like a dog marking his territory, seriously. Bomi darling, if he ever scares you, just come to us, ok?" Sunoo spoke nodding his head in reassurance.

"For real, Sunghoon can be a bit werid sometimes. I don't know why he got picked to show you around." Jungwon added.

"I don't know either. But it's worked out so well so far, hasn't it?" Sunghoon smiled and looked at Bomi, their faces being closer than what they had expected.

Bomi wasted no time in whipping her head to the other side and using her hand to move Sunghoons face aswell.

"Eww quiet flirting." Niki gagged as he continued to devour his food.

"Whatever." Sunghoon shook his head.

-

The manager came at the end of lunch and took Bomi to another room himself.

The was really awkward for Bomi because the dude was not speaking at all.

She internally regret not asking Sunghoon to come with her when she had the chance to do so.

The manager finally spoke up when they were within metres of a room.

"Don't be nervous, we're all human beings."

That was the only warning she got before being pushed into a room once again. Only, this time, she was alone

Bomi's palms started to sweat as she was faced with 5 extremely pretty girls standing in a line and staring at her expectantly.

"Mark your heart, hello! We are Bookmarks!" The girls greeted and bowed. Wow, maybe this was their group greeting?

Bomi stood, not knowing what to do. "Hi." She finally spoke. "I'm Bomi."

The girls burst out into laughter and ran to Bomi, embracing her warmly. "We're just kidding, that's not our group name. I'm Minji. This is Danielle, Hanni, Hyein and Haerin."

All the girls politely waved and smiled, making Bomi feel as if she were welcomed into the room.

"We heard you might work with us?" Danielle spoke. "That sounds so exciting. Are you excited? Nervous?"

Bomi shook her head. "I don't even know why I'm here actually. I'm just here for fun."

Hanni spoke up next. "That's ok. We can still be close friends and all."

Haerin looked at the rest of the girls and spoke quietly. "Do you think their plan was to lure her in to become our manager?"

The girls all pondered for a moment before Minji spoke. "Do you perhaps study business? And minor in arts? Is that even possible?"

Bomi looked surprised. She did infact. The girl had chosen courses blindly and didn't know where to go from there.

"Wait, this will be so fun then. She's like our age so she'll know all the trends." Danielle squealed and smiled.

The man that had brought Bomi to the girls before entered the room. "Have you figured it out yet, Bomi? Will you become their manager?"

The girl was shocked. How did she manage to get a tour of the multi-million dollar company, and a job offer all within a day?

"Your professor reccomended you to us as a star student, that's how we know about you."

Bomi took in a breath and spoke. "Let me sleep on it."

-

That night, Bomi went home feeling more hopeful for when future then ever. The day had been so long, and so much had happened.

Bomi had met like 20 new people, revieved a job offer that was so good and made a handful more friends.

If she chose to take up the job, she would get free housing close to the company, a handsome salary and company benefits.

However, Bomi knew she would have to work long hours and dedicate majority of her time to the girls.

This was too good to be true. It was the escape she needed but couldn't go through with all those years ago.

She couldn't enroll in the boarding school, she couldn't go to a university in a different country and she couldn't live in a student accommodation. She couldn't get away from the people she lived with.

Taking this job meant that Bomi would have a way out from her family.

Is that really what she wanted?