19

The transition from winter to Spring was one of the most confusing and unpredictable events that mother nature brought.

Some days, it would be getting warmer and sunnier, more humid by the day. Then suddenly, you're hit with a downpour of rain and a 10 degree drop in temperature overnight.

Today was one of those days.

Unfortunately, as their manager, Bomi had been sent out to scope some shooting places for the girls to record short videos for their fans.

When she had set out, the sky did look cloudier than normal. Now however, rain was pelting onto the sidewalk as she covered her head with her hoodie and ran to the nearest shelter.

It was there that she found her neighbour, Hyeri.

The two girls met unexpectedly, so it was natural for them to be awkward at first.

"How are you? We never really got to talk after the whole sleepover scenario." Bomi started the conversation off easily. It seemed that one of the plus sides of working at such a big company was that the girl had become somewhat of an extrovert.

Hyeri nod her head and took the earphones out of her ears, ready to pay her full attention towards the conversation. "Been well, just busy with work. How are you settling in?"

"Fine actually. I've made lots of freinds and stuff, so it doesn't really feel like work."

Hyeri chuckled and nod her head. That's how it should be afterall. There's no point in embarking on a career that you have no interest or motivation for.

"How are you and Sunghoon coping?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with all the work and clash of schedules. It must be hard to date, right?" Hyeri stated as she looked into the far distance. "Jay and I make it work, because he's the one with the hectic schedule, and I'm flexible. But you and Sunghoon practically have the same timetables."

Bomi nod her head. She saw where Hyeri was coming from. Hyeri must had some experience with that too, seeing that her mum also worked at the company. Her words must have been coming from a place of knowledge.

"We eat lunch and dinner together almost every day. And we have the same group of friends so it works well." Does being in a trio even count as a group of friends? "Either way, he's not my boyfriend."

"Yet." Hyeri added cheekily. "I'm sure you guys are getting there."

Hyeri sighed as she looked at the rain. When would it stop? She needed to go home so she could take a long bath and then knock herself out in her bed.

Bomi did the same. She had to go back to the company and tell them that she had found some semi mediocre spots to film at.

Pulling out her phone briefly, Bomi texted her teammates that she was stuck in the rain and wouldn't be able to make it back for a while.

"Just when we thought it was getting warmer." Bomi spoke, to which Hyeri solemnly agreed.

"Can I ask you something?" Bomi spoke cautiously. Hyeri nod her head, giving her neighbour the green light. "How did you and Jay get together?"

Hyeri laughed as she remenisced over their first meeting. "He ran away from the company and ended up staying at my house over lockdown."

Damn. What a cute but weird scenario. "What about you and Sunghoon?"

"I mistook his drink as my own and took it. Then I dropped my buscard twice and he returned it."

Hyeri looked at Bomi before the two girls burst out into laughter. "So he returned your card to you twice?" Hyeri managed to get out through her laughter.

Bomi nod her mouth as she covered her mouth from laughing too hard. Back then, it had all seemed so serious. Now, the whole scenario just sounded dumb and funny.

"Well." Hyeri spoke once the girls had calmed down. "At least you know he's willing to come back for you."

Bomi nod her head and smiled. "Yeah. I guess he is."

An Uber pulled up to the bus stop and Hyeri hopped up happily. "Want a ride? We can stop by the company." She offered generously.

Bomi smiled and shook her head. Yes, it was kind of annoying to be stuck outside in the cold rain. But she wanted to stay in this moment. The girl hadn't had alone time in weeks, this moment could be extremely healing for her.

"Suit yourself." Hyeri looked into the far distance and a small smile started to form on her lips. She turned back at Bomi and looked as if she knew something that Bomi didn't. "Remember how I said that Sunghoons willing to come back for you? That might come into play sooner than you expect."

And with that, Bomi bid goodbye to her neighbour.

Sitting there, the chilly air could be felt throught Bomi's bones. She liked straight ahead and breathed in, the crisp air filling her lungs and making her feel alive.

It was a precious moment. But shouldn't she be sharing precious moments like these with someone? It felt as if they were missing. It felt as if it was wrong that Bomi was experiencing such a healing moment without them.

Gosh, she couldn't even call them. Sunghoon would probably be practicing right now.

Instead, she chose to pull out her phone and message him. At that moment, someone else ran into the bus shelter. Bomi paid no attention to them and continued to message Sunghoon.

                                                                        Bomi
                           Thinking about you right now|
                                                                      Delete
                                                              I miss you|
                                                                      Delete
          Let's drink vanilla lattes soon, my treat

Bomi heard the persons phone go off with a notification and thought nothing of it. Instead, she stared down at her phone, wondering if the message she had sent was too obvious.

"Why did you delete all the other messages?"

That voice. That voice was so familiar. It sounded like the voice of the person she had grown to love so quickly.

Turning around swiftly, Bomi was met with the one and only, Park Sunghoon.