7

"I'm home!" Bomi spoke as she entered the house.

Her dad looked up from the TV and acknowledged her. "Come sit."

Bomi looked around to find her mother and brother were out of sight. And so she decided to sit down with her dad and watch whatever show he was watching.

Her dad, however, had different plans. "You seem happier lately." He spoke as his eyes stayed trained on the screen.

Bomi nod thoughtfully and glanced at the clock in the corner. 9:30. Maybe she'd stay for 10 minutes and then wash up and go to bed.

"I hope you stay this way. Whoever or whatever is making you happy, don't lose it."

The girl was shocked to say the least. Her father giving her useful and meaningful advice? Who was the man sitting next to her and where did her dad go?

"I know you think that I always watch tv or go to work and don't pay attention to you. But I do. I'm sorry it turned out this way."

Bomi actually turned to her father. She was beyond confused. Where was all this coming from?

"I wished for you, your mother and your brother to be able to live comfortably. I thought I was making the right decision by immersing myself in work. That only lead me to miss out on spending time with my family."

Her father finally turned to meet Bomi's eyes. "I regret marrying your mother just to please my parents. I regret not being there for you and your brother. I regret the look in your eyes whenever you're around us."

Bomi was shocked. It's like she was an open book. How did her father know all this?

"I regret pleasing my parents to the point where I gave away my life. I'm close to 50 and what do I really have?"

"I regret entering this love-less marriage with your mother. Don't make the same mistake I did."

More than that, she had just been hit with big news. How do you react to your parent telling you they regret everything? It's like the foundations of her life were crumbling in that very moment.

Not that it was stable anyways.

"I hope that you keep whatever is making you happy. I'll always support you, so make sure you don't end up like me, Bomi."

Her father gave her a heavy pat on the back and then looked back at the TV. Immedietly, his attention had been stolen from Bomi. It was as if the bittersweet moment hadn't even happened to being with.

"Go to bed. It's late." Was all he said.

Bomi got off the couch and leaned closer to her dad. She did something she usually would never do. Bomi kissed her dad on the cheek and gave him a hug. "We can always become closer, dad. I'll always be here."

Bomi walked away. She swore she saw her dad's eyes water a little.

-

The next morning, Bomi found herself at the cafe, perched on the countertop as she conversed with Youngchan.

"Hoon said he'll drop by later on." Youngchan informed as he set down two vanilla lattes on the bench.

Bomi's eyes peeled up at this information. "Hoon? Since when are you guys on a nickname basis?"

"Since we exchanged numbers. Hoons not a bad guy. We should make a group chat" Youngchan spoke as he slid covers over the drinks to ensure the customers don't burn their hands.

Bomi was still hung over the fact that Youngchan had a nickname for the boy.
"Seriously though? Hoon?"

The door jingled open and in walked a boy. "Hey! My name sounds good when you say it like that. Can you say it again? Bomi?"

Sunghoon walked in and slid into the seat next to the girl. "Did you do something different? Looks good." He spoke to the girl, playing with the ends of her hair.

Bomi swatted his hand away as she grew unusually warm from the compliment. "I cut it just a little."

Youngchans eyes were trained on Sunghoons hands. He snapped out of it when Bomi looked at him. "You ok?"

Youngchan nod as Sunghoon gave him a knowing look. Yeah, at this point Sunghoon definately knew.

Bomi sipped her drink as the door jingled open once again.

It was only two girls today. Two girls from Bomi's group of 'friends'.

"Bomi! You're hanging out with two guys today? Who taught you all this?" One of the girls laughed airly

The other girl snuck a hand around Bomi's waist and turned the girls body towards herself. She pulled out her phone in a flash and took a photo of herself and the three others.

"You didn't include me." Her friend whined.

"Relax, I'm gonna send this to the groupchat. When did Bomi become such a player?"

Youngchan winced and Sunghoons eyebrows furrowed.

Bomi swiftly stole the girls phone and deleted the photo. "You really shouldn't do that, you know?" She laughed fakely, playing off her annoyance

The two girls were shocked to say the least. "Relax Bomi, we were just playing. Someone might think we're being rude to you or something." She eyed Sunghoon and Youngchan warily.

"Sorry girls. If you're not going to order, you'll have to leave. We close at midday today." Youngchan intervened.

The girls rolled their eyes not so subtly and shook their heads. "No, we just came to see Bomi, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we'll be off now. Text us, Bomi!"

And with that, the two girls left the cafe.

Bomi turned to Sunghoon. "Hey. Let's play chicken. It'll help me burn some stress."

Sunghoon looked at the girl. Chicken? Won't his hand get hurt?

"How about Youngchan? He seems like a good competitor."

Youngchan fled to the other side of the kitchen. "I'm busy Bomi. Gotta clean up so we can leave."

Sunghoon got up, stumbling a little in the process. "I got a call, I gotta run."

Bomi sighed. "Your phone isn't ringing! Just come here, you'll be done after a round."

All three friends wildly left the cafe that day.

                          Three Little Pigs

Youngchan
This groupchat means that we're meant to be friends forever.
So don't leave or I'll find your mum

Sunghoon
My mum's too good for you, she'll never lower her standard to even look at you
Let's go to the festival tonight or I'll find your mum

                                                                        Bomi
                    If I can get a free ride, I'll be down
        Wait, since when did we become a trio?

Youngchan
I can't
We've always been a trio, we're just meant to be

                                                                        Bomi
                                          I'm gonna ignore that
                                           Why can't you come?

Sunghoon
Don't be like that
Text me your address I'm omw

Youngchan
Seriously I can't

Sunghoon
Why?

Youngchan
I'm with your mum

          Sunghoon has left the groupchat!