12

After a long and hard day, Bomi left the company building at 11.30

Since it was her first day of being a manger, she received help and tips from the other managers, met all the people she would be working closely with and built skills that would be useful for her job.

Instead of making her way home after finishing however, Bomi followed her wondering feet which lead her to Youngchans cafe.

The boy had insisted on keeping it open, in order to celebrate his friends first day of work.

Bomi entered the cafe and found Youngchan in the corner, hanging up streamers and balloons on the wall.

"Boo!"

"HEY!" Youngchan almost fell off the chair after being scared by the girl. Clutching his racing heart, he looked at the girl. "Why are you so early? It was supposed to be a suprise..."

Bomi laughed and gave Youngchan a big fat hug, squeezing his lungs and restricting him from air.

"I love you so much, thankyou!" She squealed, pinching his cheeks and giving him a friendly kiss.

Bomi wasn't dumb. She knew the way Youngchan would react in situations like this. It was hard to ignore the way his cheeks would turn red, the way he would stutter and sometimes avoid eye contact for a whole 10 minutes.

Bomi was pleased to see that he didn't react that way this time.

Instead, he smiled back at the girl and ruffled her hair. "I'm so happy you get to be happy."

Bomi looked at the table and noticed the three plates, three cups and three sets of untensils.

Three sets of everything when there were only two of them.

Youngchan noticed his friends perplexed face and explained the situation. "Sunghoons on his way too."

Groaning, the girl covered her face. Earlier that morning, she didn't have time to process the fact that she had literally slept with an attractive boy. A boy who she happened to be extremely close with.

"Why? What's wrong?" .

Bomi bit her lip and then decided to reveal her secret. "If I tell you, you can't tell anyone. Ok?"

Youngchan eagerly shook his head and sat down, ready to receive big news.

"I slept with Sunghoon last night."

"WHAT!??"

"NO! WAIT NO! We literally just slept. Sleep. Slept." Bomi cleared up the air after realising how misleading her words were.

Youngchan calmed down a little bit and then looked at his friend again.

"Ok. So you slept with him. No big deal, right?"

"No. That's where you're wrong. He's exactly my style. And he told me the things I want to hear. And he's so nice to me. And we're really close. And he's so sweet. And my heart beats around him alot."

"Dude, I think you L word him."

"Dude, I think I L word him too."

"Who do you L word?" Sunghoon asked, appearing out of literal thin air

Bomi and Youngchan both screamed. Youngchans first reaction was to slap the boy, whereas Bomi's reaction was to hide behind her friend

Sunghoon held his face in his hands. "Ow."

"I-ice! ICE! We need ice!" Bomi ran to the kitchen to gather something cool for the boys face while Youngchan sat Sunghoon down.

Youngchan stood over Sunghoon, arms crossed and a serious expression on his face. It was as if he were disciplining a child.

"Did you learn your lesson? Don't sneak in on people like that."

Sunghoon measly nod his head and accepted the ice when it arrived. It looked like celebrating Bomi's first day of work would end up completely differenty.

-

"So, how was it?" Sunghoon and Bomi finally got some alone time together while Youngchan cleaned up all the untensils.

It was well past midnight now, the friends had decided to clean up early so that they wouldn't be so sleep deprived the next day.

"It must have been stressful, right?"

Bomi nod her head. "The girls are super nice though, especially Danielle."

"I personally haven't met them yet. They seem nice though."

They continued cleaning all the decorations and wiping down the tables before Sunghoon finally mustered up the courage to talk once again.

"Bomi, who do you L word?"

Bomi froze, she didn't exactly have an excuse to use in that moment.

"It was just a joke, don't worry about that."

"Are you sure? It sounded serious."

Bomi nod her head in reassurance. "My heart doesn't belong to anybody."

Her first lie of the night.

"If it did, I would tell you first."

Her second lie.

"I won't fall for anyone so soon, so don't worry."

Her third and final lie.

Sunghoon unsurely nod his head. "Ok, not like I care or anything. Just...just tell me if you start feeling things for anyone."

Bomi nod her head and didn't think twice of Sunghoons strange request. Instead, she chose to try to hide her flustered smile.

Oh my, Sunghoon was looking right at me. And that serious gaze he had, wow. I'm down bad.

Youngchan returned with wet hands and a towel slung on his shoulder. "Why's the mood so serious guys? Lighten up."

Bomi and Sunghoon shared a look within eachother and burst out into laughter.

It was as if they shared a secret that Youngchan wasn't in on.

It was as if they both knew of the growing feelings that they each had for eachother, and that they were waiting to see who would be the first person to give in and confess.

"Fine." Bomi thought. "It's a competition. Let's see who breaks first."