21

They planned to meet for dinner.

But not at a resteraunt or anything like that, the duo were going to make dinner and eat it at Bomi's apartment.

Sunghoon would make the dessert since thats the only thing he could make with the materials he had-tirimasu and maybe some tea.

Bomi would make the actual meal, since she had a place to do so-lasagne with a salad on the side.

Sunghoon had dropped by earlier that morning when Bomi wasn't home, since he knew the passcode to her house, and had already decorated the balcony with fairy lights, scented candles and rose petals.

Bomi, who had no idea of this, had gone to the shops to buy some extra materials last minute.

It was there that she ran into her mother, who was busy picking out fruit and vegetables that would undeniably go rotten within a week of not being touched.

Eager to make her escape, Bomi turned around only to see that the exit had been blocked off by a group of people that were unwilling to move.

She turned around, ready to walk into the store, get what she needed and then leave.

She couldn't avoid her mother forever afterall.

Barely two steps in and that's when the woman looked up from the apples and saw her daughter.

Bomi panicked internally, not knowing what her reaction would be.

The mother also paused, probably thinking the same.

She nod her head solemnly in acknowledgement and then was accompanied by her son, who had just come back from picking out a packet of chips.

Bomi's brother looked at her and scowled deeply, grabbing his mother's arms and directing her straight towards the cashier.

And just like that, their interaction was over.

Bomi continued to shop for her materials and her mother paid and left the store as quickly as she had come.

Weirdly enough, Bomi felt peace. She was glad that she was able to see her mother and somewhat acknowledge the fact that she was doing ok.

She left the store feeling more content than she thought she would have.

-

Sunghoon arrived just after Bomi did. The two had planned to meet straight after work. It just so happened that Bomi got off slightly before Sunghoon did, and so they didn't get to walk home together.

"It's me! The best boy ever." Sunghoon said as he planted the dessert on the countertop, watching Bomi as she took the lasagne out of the oven.

"Need help with that?" Sunghoon asked, watching the girl with concern as she accidentally burnt the tip of her finger.

"It's all good. Just sit down and then we can eat soon."

Sunghoon did exactly what Bomi told him to, taking his seat at the table.

Bomi joined him only minutes later with plates full of food.

"Aren't you glad we did this, Hoon?"

"So glad."

Before Bomi could dig in, she was interrupted by the boy. "I uh...brought these for you." He said, pulling out a bouquet of pink and red camellias. "I've been into flower language lately, so look up their meanings if you get the chance to."

Bomi smiled softly and accepted the flowers. She had never been gifted a bouquet before.

Pink Camellias. Longing for you.