Chapter Seventeen

Amira's Pov
"Amira you've always been like a mother figure to me almost as close as my own mother. You've been an amazing she's no longer here but I only wish to speak what I see." I focused on Baela with a gentle smile both of us sitting across from one another simple cups of steaming tea warming the body needed after these few days of craziness.

"Of course sweetie what is on your mind?" She blinked a little lifting one of her hands to mess with her sliver locks of braids, before looking back up at me with a fierce like expression present there.

"I know that Daemon loves you, but for politics auntie. He won't hesitate to marry Rhaenyra for the gain of the people." She paused for a moment nibbling harshly at her lip she sighed roughly.

"My mother's Dragon was wrongful stolen not too long ago. But the one to watch and have your eyes on is Rhaenyra a lot things are falling out of her court.. I adore Jace, Joffery and Luke but.. There's is the heavy talk about their legitimacy. Rhaenyra is a kind heart but as we grow up even more it's going to grow worse is it not? some things are just out of our hands." I sighed heavy like, lowering my gaze down for a minute.

"I've always had a feeling it would be out of my court Baela. I've had all this time with him and yet the foundations of our own home has grown. I wouldn't want to lose the love I have for my niece or my husband but even then this is out of reach from my own children and me." Baela looked conflicted with herself, folding her hands tightly into her lap she then spoke gently looking back up at me with sad eyes.

"Then also marry for politics Amira." It was now my turn to give her an odd eyes placing  my hands over my bulging stomach.

"That's just... Vastly insane! I'm already married who could I even marry Baela?" I was perplexed by all of this. It was growing tiring everyday as she looked at me nibbling harder at her lip.

"It's a very wild long shot... But when Aemond is of age the greens and blacks have collided with not just those two but is as well the blues. If necessary divorce from Daemon. It's the only last shot I could think about." A part of me was greatly disgusted at the thought. Daemon being with his niece, the marriage itself wasn't that far behind but me preying on a young child I could never.

"No.. He's a child I could never even think like that Baela even for politics." She gave me a sad look before grabbing at my hands with a chuckle.

"We leave for Dragonstone again in less than a few days Amira.." She set her empty cup aside to stand up speaking with a few other girls who had entered. I had nibbled harshly at my lips, standing up for a minute looking to the side.

"Curse this family...."

_____________________________
"Daemon I would like to discuss something with you before we soon depart?" A heavy sigh had left from his lips watching his fingers rub across his temple in a gentle like manner before focusing on me.

"I'm already to leave this place it's giving me a headache. What is it my love?" I bit harshly at my lips sighing crossing my arms over the other I spoke in a tone looking out the window. The dark night luminaries over  the skies.

"Whether it is in my favor or not our family line is.. In words beyond anything I ever imagined from my own brother to the thought of our own children. Some would see us as such and twisted." I bowed my head down, before speaking causing his head to snap over towards me.

"In due time I know you'll marry to Rhaenyra in the way of our house for politics. And I have already asked Alicent her side on this as well. When that happens when Aemond is of age he will be wed to me." Daemon drowned back the wine as quickly as he could in disbelief before tossing the golden goblet to the side storming up off the bed to step towards me. A heavy sound to his boots had echoed about.

"Have you gone mad! Amira I have already stated I'm not to be wedded with Rhaenyra and here you are off planning ahead to marry off yourself? Who even gave you this idea!" I kept a calm nature stare while he looked at me with madness in his eyes a flash of hurt spread across his eyes.

"I'm thinking of the future were heirs are being made for the sake of the Targaryen blood line. It's a what if Daemon.. If you have to marry Rheanyra I to Aemond nothing more and nothing less." He stepped towards me again grabbing at my upper arms, weakly like pressing his forehead to my own watching me close like.

"Are my words not even to ease this suffering you've soaked your mind through? Do my actions have to speak louder for what it is I want?!" I watched closely as he sank down to his knees moving his hands to rub at my bump a couple times pressing his temple to it.

"How many babes do I have to give you? Cut my tongue for you to believe my heart is yours and yours alone. Break my heart break it a thousand times if you like, it was only ever yours to break anyway." A tight grip to my eyes had me shutting them tightly holding at the back of his head gently.

"Daemon.. Please trust me, my love." He kept his head in place a warm blur of years had confused me feeling him hugging at me tightly. My head snapping up hearing hush voices at the door quick like.

"Mama, Papa is everything okay?

"We can't sleep because of the loudness." Daemon wiped at his cheeks a few times in place gulping as he looked at the boys with a soft smile exhaling.

"Everything is okay.. Here come your mother and I are just discussing things." He scooped the two up to hold on his arms with a soft smile, kissing at their temples. A single thought left me so this is perhaps were it all comes falling down. An end to a era.