Chapter Twenty One

Amira's Pov
The night flashed and with all the children fast to sleep. I wanted to amuse Daemon. What could he possible want? When him and Rhaenyra were leaving back to Dragonstone after the dinner from hell. I humored Daemon as I made my way to the court yard, holding my arms behind my back my dress danced with the breeze before I found myself watching wide eyed. The wind picked up speed around me, I tilted my head up to watch the soft wings flapping aggressively. I couldn't help the surge at the sight of Caraxes. He hadn't changed at all.

"Caraxes." I cooed loudly from my exclaimed voice rushing over hearing the loudest noises coming from the long neck dragon. He had slithered so fast like, his claws hitting the ground allowing for me to grab at his face squishing him into a soft hug. Low rumble like purrs left from him curling around me.

"Hi there.. Oh you are still as gorgeous as I remember who's a good boy? Who's a handsome boy?" I whispered rubbing my hand over his nose in a soft manner. I didn't even pay attention, when Daemon was sliding off his riding saddle.

"I thought you would like to see him.. He misses you greatly." I tilted my head up still giving Caraxes the attention he wanted. He nudged my head with his nose, puffing out hot breath. It was like he was glaring at Daemon from the side.

"Is this your way of trying to get forgiveness? I'm sure it's you." I sneered looking away. Daemon sighed heavy like folding his own arms behind him.

"For once can you not breath fire at me Amira? I come in peace. Take one ride with me before I leave again. Just for once.. Just let it be you and me." My lips formed a thin line. I felt like I could breath my own fire. I stared at Caraxes, gently resting my forehead on the dragons nose.

"Just one ride.. For him." Just once I needed freedom.. Just a little to be free from my mind for a little while.

___________________________________
Once landed far from the airs of Kingslanding. The forests and water were like home when we landed. I was in awe walking through the light splash of cold river waters. I exhaled a little speaking to Daemon when he gently brushed passed me, smiling in my direction.

"It's always so amazing to just relax.. Be away from the throne... It's been too long." I declared out spinning around grabbing the edges of my dresses. Daemon had a small smile shaking his head in amusement.

"All the good things in marrying into a family of dragons dove.. So perfect." I was oddly staring at him for a few moments.

"Daemon don't stare at me like that.." I looker away nibbling away at my hard lip. Hearing him sighing rushing over towards me he grabbed at my upper free arm making me turn around to stare at him.

"Look at you how? Like I'm still in love? Like I made a mistake yes I am gonna look at you Amira." I narrowed my eyes at him, pointing my fingers at his chest quick like.

"You can't regret your marriage now to Rhaenyra when you swore. You broke that oath! You don't get to just come back and try and wiggle back into my heart with things that I adore.. With my children." My voice cracked for a moment. I angrily slapped at his chest roughly, making him grunt still slightly tilt his head away for a moment.

"You do not get to do this Daemon Targaryen." I snapped in a warning tone. He quickly grabbed at both my hands to stop me from hitting him more.

"Stop it.. Stop!" He yelled out staring down at me even more his own hard breath coming out.

"Do you remember what I told you the night I left! You remember don't you?" I tried to look away before he was cupping at my face roughly to stare at him. " How many babes do I have to give you? Cut my tongue for you to believe my heart is yours and yours alone. Break my heart break it a thousand times if you like, it was only ever yours to break anyway."  He repeated those words to me like a broken song out onto the wind. I stared at Daemon with a look of pain soaring through my eyes in a quick flash.

"Don't do this here Daemon." My voice was above a whisper before I could even keep speaking to him. I heard the rumbling of a growling. It was a dragon growl from how rough it was it shook the ground a little. That wasn't Caraxes. Daemon was swift to pull me to stand behind him positioning himself in front of me.

"Stand behind me." He ordered. I opened my mouth. I moved to stand close near Daemon. I was wide sighted at the sight of the dragons armor and scales like nothing could hit it. Those eyes were of dragon fire. But it wasn't looking at Daemon. It was staring right at me.