Chapter Eighteen

Amira's Pov
It was a harsh hard decision to way on my mind so long ago. I wasn't quite old but I wasn't the young woman I had always been, the family had been split down the middle right through the kids. Although Rhaenys wanted the girls to stay with her, the union between Rhaenyra and Daemon caused a rift. She took her boys to dragonstone, while I stayed in Kingslanding with my children as well as Baela and Rhaena.

For many years you could see the sorrow in their eyes, the betrayal they felt. I had strictly put my foot down on one thing though, I wasn't gonna let a young boy have his future decided for him I had refused to marry Aemond when he was of age. Yet it came to no surprise when Alicent then offered that he be bethored to my first daughter. That was more appropriate in my mind.

I had blinked in focusing on my surroundings as Alicent spoke rubbing her thumb under her chin in a strict manner, before speaking in a calm tone. "It's come to my attention.. Since Viserys had become more ill. The legitimacy of Rhaenyra's children.. Her children should not have the claim to Driftmark. It should go to you or any of your sons. You are the closest relative to Corlys." I held a heavy sigh of my own pressing my fist to the side of my temple.

"A part of  me doesn't even want Driftmark give it to my crazy brother Vaemond. I don't even think any of the boys are ready to rule a fleet that massive. Daenyra is more worried about her marriage with Aemond. Alicent you've ever been so tired." I laughed gently with her watching her hand reached out to grab at my hand squeezing at it.

"Oh everyday I tell you, let's get these letters out than.. Have you decided with Rhaenys yet for the girls?" Another soft click of my tongue had me sighing moving my gaze to look out the window.

"As much I don't want to, the only options left are Jace, Luke and Joffory. I gave Daemon one last child in our marriage and it happened to be another girl Alya, is not of age yet but if all comes to worst." I shook my head at the thought, standing up I patted at her shoulders with a chuckle. It was gonna be a long visit.

______________________________
"Where is my father? Although its always a nice pleasure to see you my grace.." A heavy sigh tore from my lips brushing down the soft fabric of my blue dress, I pushed opened the large doors to aid Alicent in her wonderful visit. Rhaenyra and Daemon could both be handfuls with their sarcastic tone. My heels made noise against the stone time as I entered standing by her side, watching the way she gave me a smile sliding to hold at my hand giving it a gentle squeeze before releasing it.

"The king is resting, for he is in various stages of pain we give him seed of poppy. Me and Alicent handle most of the matters which is why everyone has been summoned for the claim of driftmark. Though you are welcome to visit him in his chambers." I avoided my eyes to look away from Daemon holding at Rhaenyra's hand her other hand over her tummy. It didn't take a mad man to see the little bump. Both of their eyes grew wide at the sight of me.

"Auntie?" I forced a smile bowing my head at both of them, trying to avoid Daemon's eyes with a clear of my throat.

"If you'll excuse me Alicent.. As much as I wanna stay, I have to keep an on the children." She gave me a very knowing look Aemond alone was a walking fire furnace of rage. She gave me one last hug, before I departed. My children always have me my little hope of relaxation. Daenyra had his humors.. The twins alone were chaos yet clean freaks to the matter Alyis and Eros and just leaving our last baby girl Alya she was such a handfull. Yet she looked too much like him.

"Here you are my lady." I smiled at the handmaiden being handed my baby as it was spoken holding her close to me, with a soft coo and gently bounce. She was growing quite big since her second moon birthday.

"Hello there my sweet girl, you look happy yes you do.  Your brothers must have been feeding you all the cake haven't they." I gently kissed all over her chubby cheeks with a smile, keeping her from closer to me. I only turned around to face the presence that always needed to make itself known to me.

"Hello Daemon." I carefully spoke in a gentle manner seeing the way he stood there with his arms behind his back holding at his arms tightly.

"Amira... You haven't aged a day since the last I saw you.. I thought I would be seeing you in the presence of your husband." He snapped the words out like it was venom. I found myself holding back in the laugh from my lungs, before exhaling a voice inside me.

"What husband do you speak? You mean Aemond? Who is betrothed to our first born? I did say the future was uncertain Daemon and I knew one thing was for sure you would marry her." I held my head up high with a chuckle, shaking my head a couple times before speaking even more.

"Be it as it may I never needed a man by my side to continue on. Our children are various the boys like to be in the training yards with the others. This is your last child from me Alya you may meet her at your own time."

"Amira wait."

"There is nothing to discuss Daemon!" I found my voice raising watching the way he watched me closely with those eyes of his. My chest heaved a couple times in place before I spoke out in a shaky tone.

"I have my duties and.. You have chosen your side as of I.. Nothing more." I dropped my head down to keep myself calm hearing his footsteps following after me.