Chapter Nineteen

Amira's Pov
The whole day I felt this annoyed strike of anger through out my body. I hadn't found yet a moment of peace. Every corner I rounded it was either Daemon to Rhaenyra. Was I avoiding the to? Yes I was there was nothing else to speak and nothing else to discuss.

I found my annoyed form walking to the training court yard. I heard the awed like gasps and exclaims coming from two boys peering through the crowds of Aemond training like he usually did. I casted a gentle smile when he pulled his sword away with an annoyed look before speaking towards the two boys while looking at me.

"Have you come to train nephews?" He snapped out the question with fury in his eyes.  Before he was moving between everyone greeting me with a soft hug and a simple kiss to the cheek.

"Hello Amira, how is my soon to be mother in law." He teased flashing me another like smile. I found myself sighing a heavy deed like sigh pressing my two fingers to my temple.

"I'm going crazy.. I said my few words to Daemon. He could spend all the time he wanted with his children. One day of peace before the chaos is all I ask! And he keeps trying to explain why he married Rhaenyra when he explicitly said he wouldn't." Aemond was giving me quite the look, before he was grabbing at my shoulders shaking at them slightly.

"Be calm please.. You'll blow a fire before you even claim a dragon." We shared a quiet laugh with one another. He tilted his head gently at me, the strands of his long hair all into the bits of his one eye and patch.

"Don't let them get to you like this. Their marriage was nothing but political they married in the name of Valyrian because they knew.. They would be look down on. Your marriage was out of love never forget that. Don't let them see you so down." I blinked rapidly to gather away the annoying tears before chuckling out a sad laugh, I cupped at his face in a motherly like way seeing him faintly smile at me.

"Such a sweet boy you've grown into. Thank you for your kind wise words." He just smiled at me even more nodding his head in my direction.

______________________________
"Their wedding shall be on hold for this discussion for the days. Daenyra is having another birthday soon. Oh Alicent you know I can't remember these days. " I was growing mad with dates. Remembering who was arriving and who wasn't. I bit harshly at the end of my pen pacing at a slow like manner. My dress swayed with my movements long then, I found myself shutting my eyes with a deep grunt of emotion.

"It seems you are still so organized aren't you auntie?" I spun around to face her for a moment her fingers nervously messing around with her bump gazing at me with eyes of those. It brought me back to when she was younger. How precious she was. I couldn't even look her in the eyes for a moment.

"Yes.. Things haven't really changed that much Rhaenyra." I spun back around marking off things on my parchment, before she was speaking again in such a hurt like manner.

"Aunt Amira you can't ignore me forever, You can't walk out of the room when I enter. I didn't want it to come to this but for my position I needed too." I paused my lips for a moment before I exhaled taking a deep breath in.

"Rhaenyra I'm always gonna have a love for you, you are my niece always will be no matter who I marry. But what you did was beyond betrayal to me. I love your uncle and you know I did, whether it was for love or politics I would never have done that to you." I spun back around to stare at her with sadness while she stared at me, her lips trembling in a soft manner.

"I was alone..I always felt alone till my uncle was around.. He filled something and then he became infatuated with you so well he forget about me." She choked out on her soft laugher trying to blink away even more tears.

"And my love for my aunt has never gone away.. Even as I was jealous of you, I never slept with him when left me at the brothel because all that lingered was you. He was worried about you." She snapped out each word. I found my own angry tears leaving me also snapping out.

"I will not fight with you over a man niece!" A bitter laugh left from me, licking at my lower lip shaking away the annoying tears.

"So I was right all those years ago.. When he almost fucked you when you were young I should have listened to Alicent." I blinked away the tears exhaling a hard lump in my chest before speaking.

"The claim to driftmark will be fought between your sons, me and my own children. My brother won't have it. After all this I wasn't nothing else to do with you two you understand?" I set my parchment down with a quick flick to my wrist storming last her.

"Amira!" I ignored her calls, leaving the room with no more final words.