Chapter Twenty Two

Amira's Pov
"Daemon are you insane?! Get back that's not a normal rouge dragon.. That's the Cannibal." I was hoping he was understanding that this wasn't just trying to tame any dragon.

This dragon was known for eating corpses and even smaller dragons. There's a reason for it not having a rider at all. Yet I couldn't keep my eyes off his scales and his size. He was magnificent, like he was reading my mind. The moonlight was shinning off his grey like skin.

Daemon turned to look back at me like I had gone mad, still keeping me fresh behind him my hands dug further into his arms. The saying was to never show fear to a large dragon. How could anyone not?

"And you must think because it so happens to not be attacking that it won't attack? You can see the fire in its eyes Amira." He was growing loud with his voice it seemed to be making Cannibal angry.

A low growl with a puff of air leaving from is large grey body. He was still looking at me like he was ignoring Daemon. I stood there just watching waiting for its mouth to open and watch the fire burn us all alive.

"Stop getting loud you are making him more angry." I hissed, I wanted to hit this man in the moment of all these years of knowing him. I gently pulled my arms away so I could hold my hands out. The very large beast's head swayed watching me closely.

He was so frightening a little. Daemon was still trying to push me back, when a loud rumbling sound felt like it was echoing through my body. It was like I was frozen hearing the husker voice speaking to me.

"Is the Targaryen  Prince harming you?" Could this night get any weirder. "Daemon halt!" He was quick to look back at me with his own look of confusion. It was like I was holding my breath, before I was speaking to Daemon to ease him back a little from attacking a much larger dragon then him combine.

"Trust me, back away." I shot him a warning like glare before he was slowly easing back. I kept a firm stance fixing my posture before I was walking towards the Cannibal.

I was trembling with a little fear of my own. He had spoke to me. Does this mean.. I was a dragon rider as well? I could speak personally to my own in my mind through a connection?

"He was not harming me I promise. I would cut his manhood before he ever lay a hand on me." It seemed to humor the large dragon a loud what I called huff of a laugh.  He was smiling grinning showing the many sharp teeth.

Okay keep calm, and just yep. I'm pretty sure the both of us were shocked when he let me place both my palms over his snot and head. The scales were warm to the touch.

My heart was still pounding away. I found my head slightly tilting to focus on Daemon. He held his fingers under his chin in a awe like state. Before he was gulping fast like. What on seven hells do I do?

"What do I do idiot?" I exclaimed over at Daemon. He slightly jolted back in place, and never had I seen him at a lost for words before he was stammering out.

"Claim him..  Hurry before he kills us both." That wasn't very helpful at all. I recalled my mind for any words that would let the large dragon let me climb on top of his back to take flight.

"Kipagon." I stuttered watching the way a low spark of fire looked like it was leaving him, before I was quickly climbing onto the back as much as I can yelping in surprise, grabbing at the spikes on his back watching his wings move to stretch.

"Where is he taking me Daemon?!"

"Lead him back to Kingslanding!"

_________________________________
After what I could say was a frightful time. Me and Daemon managed to lead the Cannibal back to Kingslanding landing right near the dragonpits. I felt like I could vomit up my entire stomach seeing Rhaenyra and Alicent rushing out quickly.

"I saw an unknown dragon taking flight are you alright Amira?" A loose squeak left from my lips afraid to come down as the Cannibal took in the new sights all around him.

Daemon had slid off Caraxes speaking for me since I was still in shock.  He held his arms out for me so that he could catch me while I jumped down from his back, setting me down. He had a proud smirk on his face.

"My apologies I had Amira out.. For a quick flight when this rouge dragon came... It seems dragons can also claim their riders. He has claimed Amira." I felt a large nudge on my back making me jump in place looking back at Cannibal.

It was Rhaenyra who gasped a little in awe holding the edges of her dress.

"That's the Cannibal.. The dragon eater." I still felt a little dizzy from the after effects of flying stammering out slowly.

"I think he is too big for the dragon pits... Like Vhagar." I stammered getting my shoulders squeezed by Daemon he was muttering words to reassure me that all was fine. We hadn't died and for the first time in my life. A dragon had claimed me and I was a dragon rider. Like my nieces and nephews.