Chapter Twenty

Amira's Pov
I was already frustrated by this morning. I has barely slept and like I was young again I cried myself to sleep. It was beyond annoying to let my emotions bottle up. Daenyra always no matter what was by my side gently holding my arm a little she glances at me with a look. She was trying not to stare at her father too much. I rubbed at her upper back a few times in the shifts of her gold dresses. Her younger siblings didn't need to be here for all this.

"I don't know why we just don't give it to them. This is pointless.. Grandsire Viserys barely can stand with the pain." I listened to the urgency in her tone, heaving my own sigh, I lifted my hands to squeeze at her shoulders firmly.

"Are you saying you don't want driftmark with your brothers?" I made sure to whisper back to her, arching an eyebrow when she started giggling quietly to herself, looking down at her shoes.

"It would be nice to have another place to visit besides the North. They like the cold." I gave her a playful stare in return before looking when Alicent started to speak gathering everyone to be quiet and for their attention.

"We are all gathered to have the discussion. It has been going on for years now the legitimacy of Rhaenyra's children and their claim to driftmark. Fought for a claim between Vaemond and Lady Amira's children right to claim as well." Rhaenyra was quick to speak slightly over Alicent in a fast tone.

"My sons legitimacy has nothing to do with the claim but for the fact Lady Amira didn't strike claim to the Driftmark till it was spoken that my sons would have it." I held back rolling my eyes, turning to face Alicent who nodded towards me that I could speak.

"If we are talking legitimacy on claims. My children were born before yours niece. And Lord Corlys is my brother, making me as well as Vaemond in clear run for Driftmark. in all actuality it would go to Daenyra but she has no eye for it. In the line of heirs. We are closer to his line.. Then Laenor and you." There was a hush sound of whispers and husker voices speaking with one another. Aemond hid the little smirk on his face turning his body slightly a little to stare at Daemon who was also watching.

"You'll have your turn to speak your claim Rhaenyra." I sank my shoulders back slightly popping them in annoyance. I just had to make eye contact with Daemon. Staring at me with those heavy eyes of his, like a kick dragon.

_____________________________________
A part of me should have been glad Viserys was fair. Though I don't know how you split a claim. Half of it went to my boys, the other to Rhaenyra's he was truly trying not to play favorites with his daughter. And with the poor death of my other brother Vaemond.

Viserys declaring that he was one night family dinner with everyone. What ever the hell was he thinking? The kids seemed to be enjoying it. It gave Aegon an excuse to drink and tease the other boys.

I lifted my goblet up drowning back the rich hard wine quick like holding it up so the servants could refill it. I watched my own children. They always had peace in them. They just went with the flow. I hated that the sight was cute of Daemon holding both the twins in his lap while he drank his hearts content he was enjoying it way too much.

"I wanna propose a toast. To the beautiful outstanding woman my ex wife who raised our kids to be nothing but there's self. To you Amira." The stank look I gave Daemon was enough for him to raise his goblet declaring it out. He was drunk. I coughed out a laugh, quickly licking at my cheeks a few times perhaps I was drunk too.

I stood up holding my own up shaking with laughter. "Let me thank my ex husband, for giving me all my beautiful children. My daughters and sons. For leaving me high and dry to you Prince Daemon." I smirked around my cup seeing the dark look he had shot me. The loudest laugh had came from Aegon's side.

"The tension our aunt and uncle have. Just go fuck already." He said through his laugher. Aemond was quick to tug me to sit back down trying to hold in his own laughter. It started a whole bunch of rounds of toasts. I was on my eight drink,watching Halaena stand up with a smile and giggle.

"I wanna propose a toast to Daenyra, Baela and Rhaena.. They'll all be married soon. Its not all bad usually he ignores you, expect when he is drunk." Daemon loud out the loudest humorous chuckles at that announcement. He smirked in my direction again making sure to keep eye contact with me, while he scans his eyes up and down my form. I was half drunk by the time Aemond stood up. Cocky man he was.

"Final tribute to the health of my nephews. Jace, Luke and Joffory. Each of them handsome, wise, strong." I had to hold back my sigh. These children are gonna be the death of everyone. when Aemond and the boys started to fight I was quick to rush over to make sure the little ones were okay hushing them sweetly bringing them towards me so they didn't get hurt. What a family we were.

Jace moved to run towards Aemond one last time before Daemon was rushing to stand in between calling out a hard wait, holding his finger up towards the boys. A heavy sigh left from his lips before he was tilting his head to stare at Aemond with such a look. Till he had backed off.

I looked down at my children muttering and telling them that everything was to be fine, hearing the loudness of everyone. I perked up in confusion when I heard my name being called.

"Amira. At your time come meet me in the court yard." I gave Daemon a stare before I was rolling my eyes.

"Let's get you all to your quarters yes?"