𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 2

"I close my eyes...

Then I drift away...

Into the magic night..."

"I softly say..." Ember looked, almost gagging, upon her aunt and uncle, who were displaying a disgusting amount of affection. Gomez was now singing to Morticia with the music on the car radio.

Seriously?

"A silent prayer..." They now both started singing. "Like dreamers do... then I fall asleep to dream... my dreams of youuuuuuu..."

"You make me feel as nauseous as Pugsley was when I got him a dead rat for Christmas," Ember quipped, voice monotonous. She and Wednesday were sat across from them in the car. And they were smooching now. It had gotten worse.

Basically, after the whole 'piranha incident', Ember and Wednesday had been expelled from Nancy Reagan High. No surprise there.

The surprise was, the two were now being shipped off to some weird boarding school in the middle of nowhere. It was called Nevermore Academy.

"Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?" Morticia suddenly asked her daughter. After Wednesday had found out about the school they were going to, she had been ignoring her parents.

She gave them a reminder of this now, as she asked their chauffeur, Lurch, to tell them of this. "Lurch, please remind my parents I am no longer speaking to them."

Lurch, who was sat in the front two seats with Pugsley, didn't say anything. Morticia and Gomez had already heard what their daughter had to say.

"I promise you, my little viper, you will love Nevermore," Gomez leaned forward, looking at Wednesday. Then he shifted his gaze. "And Ember, my fire spark, aren't you excited to see the place your mother went to school?"

"I can't wait," Ember replied, voice laced with sarcasm. She added coldly. "Or is this just another way to try to get me to enjoy this torture? And not the good kind."

"Don't you worry, Nevermore will be the perfect school for you two," Morticia took over.

"Why? Because it was the perfect school for you?" Wednesday retorted coolly. "I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, President of the Seance Society."

"I merely meant that finally you will be among peers who finally understand you," Morticia said back.

Basically, Nevermore was a school for 'outcasts'. People with psychic abilities, like Ember and Wednesday, people with shapeshifting qualities, telekinesis, and lots more, all went to the school. And all, apparently, had 'found their place' there.

Sentimentality isn't my strong point, Ember sighed. She had no interest in finding out about her mother.

In fact, she had no interest in the entire thing.

And then Morticia finally dropped the bomb. "Maybe you'll even make some friends."

Ember's stare said it all. Never.

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school," Gomez agreed. "It's a magical place... it's where I met your mother. And we fell in love."

They leaned in-

"Ember was right. More nauseous than Pugsley was with the rat," Wednesday said coldly, stopping their lips from touching.

"Darlings, we aren't the ones who got you expelled," Morticia pointed out. "That boy's family was going to file attempted murder charges. Now, how would that have looked on your records?"