𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 24

Dr Kinbott was in her office when Ember entered it, even though it was night now. Ember had managed to get into Jericho without her crutch, and her leg was only slightly twinging.

"Ember? We don't have an appointment scheduled today," Kinbott said as the girl in red entered the office, very confused, as Ember rested her bag on one of the couches in her office, bringing the music box with LG on it out.

"I wanted to return something," she said, walking over to Kinbott, holding up the box and handing it to the therapist. "I found it in your old childhood room."

Kinbott took it and opened it, looking the little ballerina up and down.

"I know you're Laurel Gates, and you've come back to Jericho to seek your revenge," Ember said plainly, as Kinbott's eyes went wide. "And so did Mayor Walker, which is why you had to kill him."

Kinbott gave a wide mouthed scoff.

"I mean, who better to slide in and out of the hospital undetected than a therapist, under the guise of seeing her patient?" Ember asked rhetorically.

"You're not actually accusing me of murdering the mayor?" Kinbott leaned forward, her voice rising and falling.

"The roses you left in Eugene's room were your mistake," Ember ignored her and ploughed on, saying what she had been thinking about on her ride over to Jericho. "They're the same variety I found near your childhood bed."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about," Kinbott said meaningfully, seeming very take aback.

"There's only one reason an overqualified psychiatrist like yourself would settle in the inconsequential backwater that is Jericho," Ember took a step forward, again, ignoring Kinbott. "It allowed you to search through the trouble, young minds of outcasts until you found one you could manipulate to exact your revenge."

A silence in which Kinbott pressed her lips together and shook her head. "You know what?" She finally said. "I don't have time to deal with your delusional fantasies. I have a patient emergency," she shoved the music box back into Ember's hand.

"Who?" Ember questioned, as Kinbott went over to grab her coat. "Xavier?"

The therapist stopped and turned round.

"I know all about the secret sessions you've been holding in your car," Ember knew she had the prey cornered now. "I also found the cave in the woods where you've been holding sessions to unlock his Hyde."

Kinbott took an angry step towards her. "You are so out of line-"

"Do you know how violently unpredictable a Hyde can be?" Ember asked, again, ignoring Kinbott. "Or was it your plan to have Xavier committed before he could turn on you too?"

"Ember, you need help," Kinbott said, digging her phone out her bag. "More help than I can give you."

"Who are you calling? Xavier?" Ember asked sarcastically. "Am I going to be dead by morning?"

"No, actually, I'm calling Judge Reynolds," Kinbott replied. "I'm going to recommend you stay in a juvenile psychiatric facility."

"Oh, please," Ember scoffed. "You and I both know I would be running that place in a week."

She rested the music box, which was still in her hands, on Kinbott's desk, holding her gaze with the therapist. "Time's up, Laurel."

She left the office.

She knew where she was going next.

She had the master. Now the Hyde.

But before she could even leave the building, she heard the scream.