𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 17

Walking back into the square, Ember paused by the chatted, black, and melted Crackstone statue. His face hat melted off, but those eyes... they still haunted her. Even if they weren't on the statue anymore.

She circled the statue, but, on her second rotation, she noticed something strange. Her aunt, with black dress billowing behind her, walking towards the graveyard with a single, blood red rose in hand.

What's she doing now? Ember thought, as she snuck along the edge of a building and watched her mother approach a grave.

From there, Morticia paused, before she ripped the flower off the rose and chucked the stem to the gravestone. She then chucked all the rose petals behind her and walked off, slowly.

Ember didn't care if a cat was killed, her curiosity was too strong.

So, swinging a side gate to the graveyard open, she walked in, being careful to avoid being seen.

She felt a nice feeling, being amongst the gravestones, however, that feeling was replaced by a thudding heart and a dropping stomach.

GARRETT GATES was the name on the headstone.

Ember gave an audible gasp and her eyes went wide, her gaze never wavered.

And her questions never stopped.

❣︎❣︎❣︎

Ember was silent on the whole way in the car from Jericho to Nevermore, and, when she got out of the car, she had been planning to go to her dorm to be alone. Her family would go to lunch, where (hopefully) Wednesday would show them around.

But that wasn't what happened.

"Ember!"

About ten steps towards her dorm, Ember heard Pugsley.

"Yes?" She demanded.

"I was just... wondering if I could come with you? I would love if you would show me around!" Pugsley grinned. Ember's look told him everything he needed to know; not on his life.

By now, Wednesday, Morticia and Gomez had headed towards the quad, so even if Ember didn't want Pugsley hanging around, she couldn't just dump him randomly.

She sighed, deciding it better to head to the quad and just sit out this Parents Weekend, rather than trying to get away from it. So she walked off and into the school, Pugsley following her, now all they had to do was not run into anyon-

"OMG! Is this your cousin?!"

Great. Obviously, Enid, Ajax and Xavier had found time to themselves, as they were walking together right now, Enid having been the one that had spoken.

"Erm- hi, I'm Pugsley," Pugsley smiled and extended his hand, Enid grinned and shook it, starting a whole conversation with him.

"Oh my god! You like Taylor Swift too...?"

Meanwhile, Ember heard Xavier joking to Ajax quietly. "Twist! Ember's cousin's been here two minutes and's already making friends with people, something Ember hasn't managed in two months..."

"Shut your mouth, or I'll stitch it shut," Ember told him, staring hard at him as Ajax laughed. This remark drew Enid and Pugsley's conversation to an end, as well.